• Trawler Forum Classified Posting Guidelines
    • We expect ads placed to be related to the topic of this forum.
    • Ads that are inactive for 180 days or longer may be moved to the Classified Archive and locked. Ads may be relisted if the item is still current. Alternatively, owners may contact a Moderator to reinstate an archived ad.
    • The Classified section is for advertising, members are asked to refrain from posting discussions to a Classified Ad. Please start a discussion thread or PM the owner for discussions.
    • Do not hijack another member's ad by posting unsolicited commentary. Example: if a member has posted an ad offering an anchor for sale, don't add a post to his thread stating that you have an anchor you'd like to get rid of also. Posts deemed as unsolicited commentary may be removed.
    • For your own security, do NOT include your e-mail or phone number in your ad. Instead request that interested parties contact you via PM (private message) to provide owners contact info.
    • Brokers, Dealers, or those with a commercial interest in a sale are prohibited from posting in Classifieds.
    • Only Trawler Forum Commercial Members may post ads in the Commercial section. You must be a designated Commercial Member to start threads in this section of the forum. (Contact a moderator if you have questions about this)
    • Don't post links to commercial sites where you are also offering the boat, such as eBay, Craigslist or Yachtworld, etc. unless it contains a more in-depth description, additional information or pictures.
    • Place only one ad per item (you may repost only when your ad has expired and been removed).
    For Sale ads MUST include:
    • Asking price
    • Clear statement whether you are the owner or non-owner (posting for friend, relative, or acquaintance)
    • Don't forget to select: FOR SALE, WANTED or FREE in the Title block.
    All ads should also include ALL the following:
    • Pertinent maintenance and condition information
    • Exterior picture or pictures
    • Interior picture or pictures (boats)
    For maximum impact & exposure, it is suggested the Ad Title include: Year, Manufacturer, Model, Length, Price, and Location or at the very top of the ad body. When your item has sold or the ad is no longer relevant: Please post a Reply to the ad that the item is SOLD or click "Report Post" on post 1 of the thread to ask a moderator to archive the ad. Ads may be moved or removed by our staff at any time for any reason. All ads must comply with site rules. Thanks for your cooperation.
  • Avoid Scams.

Our classifieds are free and anyone registered here is welcome to post an ad.
    Be aware that there are unscrupulous folks out there. Avoid any interaction that seems odd to you or �feels� wrong. Inquiries from unknown buyers, buyers �agents� and other non-traditional approaches should be treated with extreme caution.

Beware of unsolicited contacts offering to put you in touch with someone else who is buying or selling via e-mail or text.

Do not post your e-mail address or phone number in a classifieds ad.

Hints that you may be dealing with a Scammer:
    • Seller or Buyer approaches you via a direct email or PM and then steers you to an off-site communication method (text or email).
    • No posts or very few forum posts.
    • Recent forum membership
    • Insists on conducting negotiations via email or text rather than PM
    • Requires payment via Bank Transfer, BitCoin/CryptoCurrency, WesternUnion or other unsecured method.
    • Buyer or Seller suggests Paypal "Friends and Family" payment. Paypal is a good way to arrange payment but an invoice for goods and services should be used rather than "Friends and Family". "Friends and Family" avoids fees BUT there is no recourse if the transaction runs aground. Friends and Family is for gifts only. There is no protection for Friends and Family transactions, so never ever use it to buy something.
    • Declines to allow viewing the item before proceeding with the transaction.

For Sale: Sold-1991 Kadey-Krogen 42 Widebody

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeM

Vessel Name
Tuscan Sun
Vessel Make
Krogen 42
Asking: $295,000.

Tuscan Sun is a rare wide-body 42 model with a center-line queen
master and two heads. The second head is a day head in the salon.
Tuscan Sun has been extensively updated over the last four years.

A partial list of improvements includes:

- New aluminum fuel tanks (590 gal capacity)
- All new fuel system to include new dual Racors
- New Magnum 2812 inverter
- New 265W solar panel and Morningstar MPPT solar controller
- New digital stabilizer upgrade ($20K cost)
- Two new Raritan heads and new sanitation hose
- New Force 10 flat top ceramic stove
- New stainless steel Summit refrigerator and freezer
- New front bench and flybridge bench cushions and canvas
- New flybridge Raymarine A9 MFD
- New Toshiba Touchscreen laptop for Coastal Explorer in pilothouse
- New ceramic tile in dayhead, kitchen backsplash, and main head backsplash:

Please contact me at 757-333-2441 or mike.metts55@gmail.com for additional info. IMG_3851.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, another mystery-price ad. Smh.

Mods, can we not make it a rule that you have to put a price on a classified ad, or it gets taken down?

Ahh, another mystery-price ad. Smh.

Mods, can we not make it a rule that you have to put a price on a classified ad, or it gets taken down?

Please excuse me. I meant to include the price. We are asking $295,000.

No problem. Just a pet peeve.

Very nicely updated Krogen! Good luck with the sale.

Beautiful boat!
You listed the upgrades twice...
You listed the upgrades twice...

Located in?

We are currently in Solomons MD and will be starting south at the end of the week. We plan to be in Fort Pierce FL for the month of November.

Currently under contract.

1991 Kadey-Krogen 42 Widebody

Back on the market. Buyer objected to the contingency that gave us time to purchase another boat.

We will be in Fort Pierce on Saturday.

A bit of advice: I have never seen a deal that allowed the seller to wait an extended period while he tried to buy another boat to replace the one he was selling. It sometimes works the other way where the buyer has a contingency that depends on him selling his boat first before he can close on the new one, but those deals always have a clause that gives the seller an out if he gets another offer.

When a buyer has cash and financing in hand, and has settled on a boat, he wants to close right then and there.

David

A bit of advice: I have never seen a deal that allowed the seller to wait an extended period while he tried to buy another boat to replace the one he was selling. It sometimes works the other way where the buyer has a contingency that depends on him selling his boat first before he can close on the new one, but those deals always have a clause that gives the seller an out if he gets another offer.

When a buyer has cash and financing in hand, and has settled on a boat, he wants to close right then and there.

David

+1. If you want to sell, you have to be ready to sell now. Even if it isn’t exactly the timing you want.

Buyer's remorse is a form of emotional trauma. There is a bonding that takes place. They walk away and a month later they might not even recognize the boat anymore. Some things you make happen and some things you let happen. Rent a condo or another boat (floating condo) while you look.

I hope you post about buying your new boat and what you find compared to the KK.

Last edited:
We understand that we didn’t make it easy for our potential buyer. The process was actually going a little faster than we expected. As full-time Cruisers, transitioning to a new boat is pretty complicated.

BTW, we are looking for a Krogen 48.

Folks, each party has the right to include any stipulation or provision in the contract that they want. The other party then has the right to accept or reject the contract for any reason. This is why we have contracts to begin with.

It's the sellers choice. For all you know it is their home and they don't want to be homeless.

This is a Classified ad. Please refrain from forum discussions in this members Classified ad.

mike, if you are going to buy another boat why don't you buy mine. i am placing my kadey krogen manatee for sale end of this year and the boat
is in stuart,, not far from you. cpt.craig

1991 Kadey-Krogen 42 Widebody

As some of you have said, if we want to sell our boat we need to be committed to making it happen. We’ve decided we are more committed to our cruising plans for the winter than we were to selling our boat. So we have decided to wait to sell until next summer/fall. At that time, we will move off the boat and make her immediately available to interested parties.

If OK with the moderators, I will leave this post up and undate it next year when the boat is available.

Update: We will put Tuscan Sun on the market in the latter part of June in Fort Pierce, FL. When I know the precise date and location, I will post another update.

Tuscan Sun is sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom