Fernandina

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BandB

Guru
Finally some money has been appropriated for rebuilding of Fernandina Harbor Marina. Westrec has received $6.5 million from the city to rebuild it. As original estimates of damage were $10-15 million, I don't know exactly what the $6.5 million will allow them to do.

Good to hear. Fernandina is one of my favorite stops. I can make it from NC to there in a hard day and then walk the town and rest. The downtown is preserved from like the 1940's (plus or minus a few decades).

There was an article in the TU few months ago regarding the city money, it also discussed a significant additional sum from FEMA.

Always one of out favorite stops, but preferred anchoring in Bell River and taking the dinghy over. Is the entire thing wiped out, dinghy dock and all?

Always one of out favorite stops, but preferred anchoring in Bell River and taking the dinghy over. Is the entire thing wiped out, dinghy dock and all?

About 20% of the facility is functional now.

When we went through at the end of August we called to see if they had space for us to be told that they only had space in total for four boats under 45 feet.
Last I heard about longer term plans was that they were looking to move the marina a few hundred yards towards the inlet so as to reduce the significant silting problem they have always had.

Latest. All of the docks have been moved away and dredging is well underway.

The marina will be staying where it is as they got denied permission to move it. From what I hear they are reconfiguring it to get it more into the river so as to get a bit more current through the marina - of course there are plusses and minuses to that! :)

http://fhmarina.com/news/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom