View Single Post
Old 10-30-2018, 06:51 PM   #15
Pack Mule
TF Site Team
Pack Mule's Avatar
City: Paris,TN
Country: USA
Vessel Name: William
Vessel Model: Outer reef 32
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,310
Originally Posted by HopCar View Post
Marty, those look like cheap un-reinforced plastic fittings. They get brittle over time, but should last many years in that application.

I would replace them with reinforced plastic fittings like Tru Design sold in the US by Raritan.

Banjo bulkhead fittings and hose barbs might be another way to go.

Bulkhead Fittings/Tank Accessories

Banjo Hose Barb Fittings
Thanks Parks. I like the looks of those sst bulkhead type fittings . Do they have a gasket on each side? With it being sst I could tighten pretty good. I guess I could run a wire up thru the hole wth the fitting on it and pull it up against the inside of the tank and tight the outside flange nut .
Pack Mule is offline   Reply With Quote