Old 10-28-2018, 12:11 PM   #12
firstbase
Guru

City: Jupiter, Florida
Vessel Name: Black Eyed Susan
Vessel Model: Grand Banks 42' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchnsaw View Post
Being that I have spent my entire life being ignored by all politicians looking for a vote, I think that way too many people on this boat forum are spending way too many times inside attempting to please everyone here. The one or ones planning on having these flags made should gather in a quorum of sorts and decide what they think is the best.

Then present it to the group and see how many folks put their money where their keyboards are. This project may end up being a bust if you think you are going to get a genuine and targeted answer.

At least that is what I would do anyway, even though like I said no one looking for my vote has ever ask what I think or which is the best way to spend not their money but MY money. Is that a good enough opinion to help you move foward?
WAY too logical to make it around here.

Kidding aside, isn't that what's sorta kinda going on in an extremely convoluted way? Compared to total membership there is a small group deciding what is "best" ("best" being a really poor word for this). At some point, one way or another, we will have a choice good bad or ugly. Then that is presented to everyone and go from there?

Of course another way of looking at it is that anyone with even a mild interest in a burgee is in this thread. Most likely the rest of the membership isn't going to buy one anyway. I don't know. No matter what it has given, me at least, a little fun.