Which Sea Era Conversion Kit

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boatruptcy

I am going to change my Jabsco manual to the sea era electric but not sure which kit to choose. I boat mainly in fresh water and I have a raw water line to my current setup so I don' t think I want the freshwater toilet since I winterize my freshwater system for the winter but still use the boat.

So what's the difference (other than size) of the integral raw water conversion kit and the externally mounted pump? Is it a size only issue or does the run from inlet to toilet matter and it's about prime? I have about an eight foot run to my toilet from the raw water intake and the toilet is above the water line, is that too far for the integral pump to prime?

Lastly, what's the deal with the conversion kits, they seem to be out of stock or not made anymore?

Thanks.

Call Mac at the Raritan Ft. Lauderdale office, 954-525-0378.
The intrigral Pump should be able to self prime with no problem.
The remote pump will be quieter because it isn’t right next to the toilet.

Call Ronnie or Diana at my old company to check availability, 305-635-7377. They usually have an intrigal Pump Kit in stock and it only takes a day or two to get others from Raritan.
Raritan Sea Era Conversion Kit - 16LI012

Thank you. So the difference in the two is essentially about noise operation, with the remote pump obviously being quieter, I have to wire the pump either way, guess I could install the pump in the engine room and not listen to it.

The remote pump will cost more but is probably worth it.

The integral intake pump is a lot less noisy than most others because it's a diaphragm pump instead of an impeller pump...and it can prime to 8' without a problem.

And speaking of wiring...all electric toilets should be on their own separate dedicate circuit & breaker, shared by nothing else that can reduce power to it 'cuz low voltage is destructive to electric motors and is the most common cause of sluggish discharge.

--Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein

Integral pump it is, yeah making a dedicated run from dist block with 10ga to toilet. Thanks.

Thanks Peggie!

So I figured why spend $400 on a new conversion kit when I can spend $1k on a new conversion kit and new holding tank and lines!

I found a good place to buy the uniseal from another thread, what about the fittings, these things are crazy expensive through the tank suppliers. I can re-use my old ones but thought I will replace if i can find some reasonably priced.

I am getting a blank tank and moving all my fittings to the top but want to install myself, will regular sch. 40 pvc work with the uniseals I assume? I'm going to make my own dip tubes so I can get rid of my Y valve and have no outlet on the tank anywhere other than the top.

Thanks in advance.

Hoooooboy...We need to TALK, 'cuz you're creating all kinds of unnecessary work and expense for yourself that may not work out well. I'll be glad to help you get it right if you'd like to send me a PM that includes your email address.

--Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein

Hoooooboy...We need to TALK, 'cuz you're creating all kinds of unnecessary work and expense for yourself that may not work out well. I'll be glad to help you get it right if you'd like to send me a PM that includes your email address.

--Peggie

Thanks, I would love your input! PM heading your way shortly, in the meantime here is a little more about why I am changing the whole system.

The tank is original and is 20 years old, the clean out o-ring is leaking and I want to increase capacity to 15 gallons from the current setup of 10 gallons. I found a tank that will fit my space and I have plenty of overhead to plumb everything from the top as seen in the pics below, thus the reason for a blank tank, I want to install the fittings so everything feeds from the top and I can get rid of the Y valvle. I am also adding another vent line. By the way the tank is empty but I have water standing from a rain deluge we are having, guess I need to re-bed some rail stanchions.

Attachments

• IMG_20181026_080658938.jpg
    IMG_20181026_080658938.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20181026_080651556.jpg
    IMG_20181026_080651556.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 33
Back
Top Bottom