Frigomar Air Conditioning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AvalonGB

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Avalon
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 46 Classic
Looking to upgrade the 3 late 90's vintage Marine Air sAC units aboard Avalon. We currently have a split 16k BTU in the saloon and self contained 12k units in the forward and aft cabins.

Came across Frigomar online and they look interesting but I really can't find much info on them other than the manufacturers web site and a couple threads here that mention the line.

Anyone have any direct experience with these units or opinions on them?

Thanks,
Tim

Even though the Italians are very innovative and make some pretty nice things, there are just too many American-made marine A/C's for me to see the need to buy offshore. I don't see anything revolutionary about their units that the domestic units don't also have...maybe less, like stainless drip pans.

New Tech and Variable Low Amp Startup

All units work so the reason I'm considering an upgrade is simply due to the improvements in tech, hopefully providing improved overall living experience. Hoping to get quieter and more efficient units. The Frigomar units utilize the same or similar tech as to the high end variable speed home AC units. We noticed a significant improvement when we installed a Trane variable speed compressor at home.

All three units are run on one dedicated 125v 50amp service so the low amperage startup is also very attractive.

Exploring our options at this point. If after research and discussions on benefits of new equipment results in marginal improvements in performance and noise reduction there is really no need to move forward with a system upgrade.

My interest in the Frigomar units is due to their utilization of different technology vs simply different construction materials which is what I see in all the mainstream AC units available locally.

Back
Top Bottom