Interesting boats

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Looks fantastic but, I already have a boat.
I wish someone would buy it and take me for a ride.... maybe 3 months in length.
I'd go visit the boat but, the owner might get excited and then, have an emotional breakdown when I gave him a offer.

The sheathing for some reason does not bother me. If it lasted another 5 years, I think I will be 'done' with the boat. Then donate it to the Sea Scouts for the tax write off.
My first observation is, for a guy involved in the marine electronic business, he needs to secure lots of wires.

I'd sure would look good at the helm.
That boat is one of those sure'nuf boats that goes slow but, who cares. You'd go slow in style.

Looks fantastic but, I already have a boat.

I wish someone would buy it and take me for a ride.... maybe 3 months in length.

I'd go visit the boat but, the owner might get excited and then, have an emotional breakdown when I gave him a offer.

The sheathing for some reason does not bother me. If it lasted another 5 years, I think I will be 'done' with the boat. Then donate it to the Sea Scouts for the tax write off.

My first observation is, for a guy involved in the marine electronic business, he needs to secure lots of wires.

I'd sure would look good at the helm.

That boat is one of those sure'nuf boats that goes slow but, who cares. You'd go slow in style.

Pretty boat for sure. Love the well deck. Reminiscent of real trawlers. And a dry exhaust!

But it’s not for most of us on the forum. Not a couples boat for a start. Or an easy live aboard. No internal access to forward Vee berth or head. Very small holding tank. I wonder if the forward companionway doors are watertight? Don’t see how they could be so that might be a pretty damp area in a storm, even when docked. Gotta go outside to traverse the deck when you need to pee. In the rain? And open the hatch doors and let the rain in.

Looks like a/c outlets are at floor level registers? How would that work? That’s likely why it needs the fan on the salon table, to move air around.

‘Modern’ electronics are at least 10 years old. Wiring, as noted, pretty haphazard. Cool old telegraph engine control.

Aft cleats are low on bumper rail, well below the raised mizzenmast deck. An invitation to fall off the boat. Forward mast on tabarnacle is a great idea. But it’s about the same height as the mizzenmast. Unless that lowers also, then there is no advantage.

Max speed 15 knots. On 210 hp? On a wood/composite displacement hull? Give me a break!

I do love its style though. Just don’t think about how to use it daily. Maybe when I’m old and crotchety, if I’m still single, and don’t travel frequently, this will be the boat for me. [emoji41] At about half it’s asking price.

Last edited:
The picture of SV Columbia kind of reminded me of this beauty I saw in Charleston several years ago. She looks fast even at the dock!

Attachments

• Annapolis trip 002.jpg
    Annapolis trip 002.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 86
The picture of SV Columbia kind of reminded me of this beauty I saw in Charleston several years ago. She looks fast even at the dock!

They are sleek and fast looking, aren't they!

Nice boat! Cruise speed I can see at 8 knots. Top speed - 15 Knots; makes me question... but maybe. She is a rather low draft flattish hull.

How does one get the stern lines out?

Anyone heard of Poly Yachts? This "Moreton" advert identifies them as the builder. https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats-for-sale/used/power-boats/moreton-40-aft-cabin-cruiser/223735. Looks trawler,though not the bow, 22knots suggests a planing hull under the water.
Kind of messy interior design, but aft cabins can be. I searched Poly Yachts,website shows a range of boats, including the "Bella" brand, there is one of those for sale in Sydney.

Wow for sale again

Wow for sale again
Or still? Odd looking thing,neither fish nor fowl, as they say. Your friend at RMYC lists the Bella I mentioned, it has a strange humped look.

Anyone heard of Poly Yachts? This "Moreton" advert identifies them as the builder. https://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats-for-sale/used/power-boats/moreton-40-aft-cabin-cruiser/223735. Looks trawler,though not the bow, 22knots suggests a planing hull under the water.
Kind of messy interior design, but aft cabins can be. I searched Poly Yachts,website shows a range of boats, including the "Bella" brand, there is one of those for sale in Sydney.

Nice.... But, not enough flare in the prow to withstand rough water conditions during head-on seas. Speed quotes match my Tollycraft and layout is very similar. :popcorn:

Or still? Odd looking thing,neither fish nor fowl, as they say. Your friend at RMYC lists the Bella I mentioned, it has a strange humped look.

I'm looking at the boat (linked abobe) in the pics. There's something not right about it's looks. I think it's because there is no up swept bow. The hull appears to be dead straight from the transome to the bow.

Another snowy day in the hill country of East Houston. ?[emoji41]

If you really keep your eyes open, you can sometimes find a jewel like this Cabin Cruiser, 32' complete, - $2000 (East Houston) on Craigslist. Note the pronounced sheer.

00x0x_akWpAeg3JQc_1200x900.jpg

You just can't make this stuff up . . . . . . they are all around us . . . . and they can/do vote :hide:

At one time in the 60's there were boat building workers that beamed with delight as those once really pretty wooden baby's rolled off their production lines! OMG - - > Age does such wonders!!!!

Seems I was aboard a boat just like that; 1964 NY boat show, Madison Square Garden.

There is a small marina nearby that a friend once tagged as, "Where old boats go to die." It may have been cleaned up, but if not and I get a chance, I'll get a few pictures.

Sadly, a few were live-aboards.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom