psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
RE: Flybridge seating

Quote:
FF wrote:
Lots of weight ,on top of the boat,, At all times just for furniture used a few times a year?

I would build a light weight storage box and STORE a folding table and a bunch of chairs.

A snap shakle from the chair seat , and a couple of flush rings would take care of the windy or rolly days the chairs were in use. or left out.

A second advantage is you can carry diffreent style chairs, lounge chairs for sunbathers , upright for the card players, diners or race comittie.

-- Edited by FF on Thursday 5th of January 2012 06:10:58 AM
*This is mostly where I'm headed..unless somebody convinced me I was out of my mind or the built in seats are needed to stiffen the whole bridge structure...which I have been eyeballing.

Was just wondering if anyone had seen or used some slick, durable furniture that's also comfy.** I have seen some nice cane chairs on a few boats (like the old Trumpys, etc) but would have to stumble across them or search like crazy unless somebody used them, thought they were great and had a source.

But thanks...your suggestions reflect my thinking exactly...but I'm not nearly worried about the weight as much as the flexibility because when rough...the live load (people) naturally headsfor the main deck just for comfort.
psneeld is offline   Reply With Quote