View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 07:16 PM   #9
psneeld
Guru

City: Ft Pierce
Vessel Name: Sold
Vessel Model: Was an Albin/PSN 40
RE: Flybridge seating

Maybe I can narrow down what I am leaning toward.* Very few built in fiberglass seats are really that comfortable unless you get lucky with a fairly drastic mod and some good custom upholstry.

I was wondering if you GOT RID of your bench seats...what would you use?* What have you seen?

I'm gonna start with a completely clear deck. ...my options become unlimited...obviously the budget isn't.

So far some nice setups...but I dislike the back to back seats...that's why mine aren't being refirbed...they are leaving.

The fold down tables are nice...if I were keeping the aft facing seats I would do the same...just get some stainless strap and bend it around the railing and through bolt it to some nice hardwood ply...the straps would be the hinges. I may still do that only with 4 captains folding chairs and the 2 boxes I described.

Just say one 40 Albin 4 sale that had a small sink/icemaker/fridge built across to in front of the mast...but too tall.* I thought about a console that would include sink/ icemaker/grill storage...but I don't know if thas in the near furture as I would like to make it slick as a moulded fiberglass unit.* I've also thought about a cabinet with a washer/dryer in it as space below is pretty tight.

Keep the ideas coming...bits and pieces of good ideas will give rise to a plan sooner or later
psneeld is online now   Reply With Quote