PYHI Porthole Parts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
So ASD being the ripe age of 28. The porthole knobs on my PYHI portholes are all broke except one. They are 1/4 X 20 knobs. After doing some research I found out that PYHI was bought by the parent Company Pompanette/Bomar.

I gave them a call today (very friendly folks) and they knew exactly what I needed, however they do not manufacture the knobs any more.

So I turn to the TF community to see if they have any sources for these knobs. I need 10 of them. Pics below.:socool:

Attachments

• IMG_3671.jpg
    IMG_3671.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3670.jpg
    IMG_3670.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_3668.jpg
    IMG_3668.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_3667.jpg
    IMG_3667.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 95
I believe PYHI ports were last made in the '70s. My boat got PYHIs when converted to a yacht. I made my own knobs. As I remember they're American thread. I used a large o-ring to replace the gasket.

Above is before, below is after. I gotta tell you this was a tough job. When you turn the knob near the end of the threads it almost locks up. When installing the new knob, the knob is real hard to thread on until it runs down the entire knob. Then it turns easy.

Attachments

• IMG_3681.jpg
    IMG_3681.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 74
Above is before, below is after. I gotta tell you this was a tough job. When you turn the knob near the end of the threads it almost locks up. When installing the new knob, the knob is real hard to thread on until it runs down the entire knob. Then it turns easy.

Glad it worked out.......:thumb:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom