TF Burgee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jeff F

Guru
Vessel Name
Escapade
Vessel Make
50` US Navy Utility trawler conversion
I'd love to fly a TF burgee.

This is the community that's been the most informative and supportive for me in my 'trawler' ownership and travels. It would be fun to recognize other contributors.

There isn't one, right? Or is it by invitation only? :)

Well if it were to affect OTDE, I fly a Confederate battle flag as a burgee just to be ornery.A TF burgee would be nice, but who would know outside of we insiders?

POW/MIA flag here. I'm in. This is .close to a yacht club. And absolutely spot on with info and helpful people.

Agreed. It’s my ‘go to’ forum. Nice folks and informative. I would be proud to fly a TF burgee.

I think this is a great idea.
Others may not know what it is but may inquire and be interested enough to lurk or join.
It would give interested members a way to spot other TFers when we don't know (or old enough we can't remember) everyone's boat name.
How about a design competition?

Ok, here's my submission:

TFer, I'm one!
trawlerforum.com

Ted

Being a long retired swabby I fly a TONKIN GULF YACHT CLUB. I to would go for a TF burgee.

3EA7154B-D7AA-4506-96E3-2D1CB6259E44.pngWe just bought a burgee from our marina (Mid-Lakes) by Prestige (made in California). Great quality.Yacht Club Burgees - Prestige Flag
I think it would be great to have a TF burgee. Could even be a way to raise funds for charity ( for example those impacted by the hurricanes) or just at cost.

I'd buy one, if the price were right.

I'm not sure the forum logo would translate well to a burgee.

A design contest is a great idea. Post your designs here.

Ye Haw, Great idea and you can count me in on the first order.

I'm in and will buy one. I can add another flag Crusty!!!!

I’m in also. I follow TF and MTOA daily and have received some great advice on several occasions from both forums. I have lots of respect for the many knowledgeable members who have helped me out on several occasions.

Proud to be a member and would be glad to display it with a Burgee.

I seem to recall a TF burgee was made a few years ago? Or my murky memory is getting that confused with just talking about it in the past...

Logos are not appropriate on flags and burgees. (Enter the cavalcade of poorly designed state, municipal, and organization flags with logos and designs).

https://nava.org/good-flag-bad-flag/

Logos are not appropriate on flags and burgees. (Enter the cavalcade of poorly designed state, municipal, and organization flags with logos and designs).

https://nava.org/good-flag-bad-flag/

This isn't a flag this is a burgee. The stark difference is the distance at which you see it and the idea that it's purpose isn't to make you stay away or come seeking it. While it should be easily recognizable, it should also spark curiosity. One only needs to look at the AGLCA burgees to see that they each (all 3) are easily recognizable, and if you Google the lettering, you instantly know the organization.

Ted

I got burned out on going to meetings from when I was working. I am a life member for retired submarine sailors. I joined out of respect for a chief I sailed with, with the understanding, I would never attend meetings. I dont fly their burgee. I am also a life member of a professional arborist organization, out of respect for the over 20 years of being a professional forester, with the understanding, I would never go to meetings. I am a life member of a maritime museum bearing the family name, in Detroit. I dont fly their burgee. I have never gone to any of their meeting nor attended their formal dances. I belonged to a rather exclusive yacht club in Detroit and never flew their burgee. I dont even fly the family burgee.
Now someone suggests I fly the TF burgee? HA HA
Dont feel bad, I dont wear t-shirts with advertising on them or cute sayings.
I do not contribute to any non-profit or 'for profit' organizations where the CEO earns more than I do.
The only organization I contribute to is the Salvation Army. Each year, I buy 10 or 15 bikes for them to give to kids at Christmas time.
Finally, I buy hams and turkeys at Easter and Christmas for a VERY small church to give to the needy with the understanding, my name is never to be associated with the gifts. LOL I dont go to their church services either.
I am just a grumpy old man. pfpfpf
The only flag I fly proudly is the US flag. I am a proud citizen of the USA and a Veteran.
NEVER NEVER NEVER tell a Veteran, when the flag passes, he cannot salute the flag. Yup, maybe it's not 'correct' but, Veterans just do it. I guess you have to be Veteran to understand.

Last edited:
Dan - i'm a USSVI lifer as well- didn't know they had a burgee. I can't concieve of what that would look like.

I'm assigned to the local SubVet base - never attended a meeting. Got conned into attending a USSVI/Subvets joint meeting. Great to talk and drink with the WWII guys. Good to see some folks I hadn't seen in decades. I think that was the last USSVI function I attended. No animus - just not a joiner, I guess.

One of the reasons I like TF as much as I do is NO MEETINGS.

Dan - i'm a USSVI lifer as well- didn't know they had a burgee. I can't concieve of what that would look like.

I'm assigned to the local SubVet base - never attended a meeting. Got conned into attending a USSVI/Subvets joint meeting. Great to talk and drink with the WWII guys. Good to see some folks I hadn't seen in decades. I think that was the last USSVI function I attended. No animus - just not a joiner, I guess.

One of the reasons I like TF as much as I do is NO MEETINGS.

I would guess Dolphins. Silver or Gold.

I would fly one. The first one I flew was the MTOA. It lasted 2 years. Got pretty tore up from the wind. I’m now flying a palm Coast yacht club one. I would fly a tf forum one.

6F883076-270B-4645-B888-E77B1E97CAD7.jpgPlease excuse the rough look, just found a website that lets you design a very basic burgee. I used red and black because it’s the color of the existing TF logo. Also the font is as close as they had ( but the F is f’ed up:blush:) The white line I had to finger draw on might represent a rope detail. I hope there’s someone out there with a better design program than what I was able to do on my iPad at the moment.

Hate to say it... But if "TF" were on the burgee as a stand alone item... that acronym may make many folks think way different meanings than "Trawler Forum"! As one of two lead letters "F" can too often bring up darkly connotative, universal meanings to many persons.

But, if TF were to be recognizable within the base-outline of a boat on the burgee... that might attract quite a few requests for explanation.

Sooo... I say let those that are artists on TF have a go at it!

I'd fly one. Our Tollycraft burgee has seen better days; as the Tolly forum has also!

I do dig Trawler Forum... for many reasons!

Rochepoint, post 27... has my vote - so far!

+1 for Rochepoint. I think the logo works well on the burgee.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom