KY Lake/Lake Barkley Marina Recommenation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AZ2Loop

Vessel Name
Sea-N-Stars
Vessel Make
1990 49' Albin
Does anyone have recommendations for a marina with 50' or 60' covered slips available on Kentucky Lake or Lake Barkley? We will look at Kentucky Dam Marina and also Green Turtle Bay, but are certainly open to other suggestions. This would be for a 6 month or 12 month arrangement, not a short term transient situation. Thanks for any thoughts.

Last edited:
While I didn't stay there, I toured Kenlake marina about 6 years ago and was impressed.

Ted

Thank you, Ted. I've only been there once and also had a favorable impression of that marina. I'll be sure to check it out and maybe it will be the right choice.

BTW, I love your boat. The avatar always captures my attention.

BTW, I love your boat. The avatar always captures my attention.

Thanks! She always puts a smile on my face when I'm walking down the dock towards her.

Ted

You could try Buzzard Rock or Kattawa on the lake Barkley. Paris Landing State Park has 50 ft and 60 ft . I don’t think there is any open right now but it doesn’t cost anything to put your name on the list . You never know slips change almost monthly.

I’d find the place closest to Knoths.

Grandparents lived by Mineral Mound down on the water, Eddyville. Not too far from the penitentiary, they had escapees hiding under the docks one year. Spent many summers growing up on the Lake. Learned to water ski in a 16’ 1966 Lyman. Learned about varnish too. We used to buy minnows off a rickety dock, rickety marina somewhere up by the damn. Fishing off the docks after dark, followed by the midnight fish fry and hush puppies. Permanent fear of copperheads, though I can’t recall ever seeing one. Miss the catfish. Haven’t been back in quite a few years. Completely different world than Seattle.

Still Love me some of that mustard bbq sauce.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom