Windlass for a MT 36 DC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Horizon II

Vessel Name
At Ease
Vessel Make
Marine Trader 36 DC
need to put a windlass on this MT 36 DC. Would be interested in seeing pics or hearing descriptions of how it’s been accomplished on similar boats.

Last edited by a moderator:
How about a few pics from you of your foredeck so we can see what you have. Many boats are similar but not the same and it can make a difference.

A Lofrans Tigres would be suitable for the boat size. I installed one on my 32, different boat, about 5 yrs ago and it has done what I asked .

Pics of the foredeck..

Attachments

• 20181003_120557.jpg
    20181003_120557.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 20181003_120543.jpg
    20181003_120543.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 52
That's going to be an intersting install. Look into Lewmar. You may need some modifications for the chain to drop through the hawse into the locker.

Not sure of the model but notice the chrome pipe for the chain to drop through.
Bowsprit_01_l.jpg

That's pretty much what I did with a similar setup. I had a Powerwinch installed when I bought FlyWright. The existing pulpit included a box below the pulpit that now conceals the SS chain tube to the anchor locker.

Attachments

• Anchor.jpg
    Anchor.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 58
  • FW Powerwinch.JPG
    FW Powerwinch.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 60
  • Photo0129_001.jpg
    Photo0129_001.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 79
Open Drum model made by Powerwinch. About 45 feet per min. retrieval

Attachments

• IM001225.jpg
    IM001225.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IM001226.jpg
    IM001226.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 55
  • IM001227.jpg
    IM001227.jpg
    167.9 KB · Views: 57
Instead of quoting everyone I'm going to ask these questions directly.

@FlyWright, what model is your windlass, if you don't mind sharing. It's a bout the size I was planning for my boat build. I ass-u-me it's set up for a certain type of 5/16ths chain.

@Trawler Sandpiper, does your PW also have provisions for pulling chain in? I'm not sure I would attempt to pull chain with a drum winch. Maybe I'm not seeing your set up correctly.

@FlyWright, what model is your windlass, if you don't mind sharing. It's a bout the size I was planning for my boat build. I ass-u-me it's set up for a certain type of 5/16ths chain.

Don't mind at all...

That's a Lewmar Pro Series 1000 with power up and down. There's a similar Pro Fish model that's freefall down. It handles 5/16 chain and 5/8 Brait.

I have a CT 35 sun deck and added a Lewmar Pro1000. Seems to be fine. My install looks a bit more straight forward than yours. I added a wireless control as well as the wired set up comes in handy and is what I typically use as I can move around on the boat while anchoring

Well guess I’m not “smart” enough to post pics?not sure what’s up?

Don't mind at all...

That's a Lewmar Pro Series 1000 with power up and down. There's a similar Pro Fish model that's freefall down. It handles 5/16 chain and 5/8 Brait.

Thanks. I never considered the free fall option. It could be useful in deploying the anchor quickly altho less contorlable.

No provision for chain.

:thumb:

Well guess I’m not “smart” enough to post pics?not sure what’s up?

Are you using a hosting service like Photobucket, Flickr or directly uploading to the forum?

Try this thread for help.
http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s22/posting-pictures-30831.html

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom