40 ft mainship trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomsboat

Vessel Make
Mainship Trawler
I would like to get a DC wiring schematic of a 2007 40 ft mainship trawler does anyone know where I could get one also who is the manufacture of the rocker switches at the helms for anchor , horn wipers, etc .Last I have a isolated transformer on my boat I have a 240 volt 50 amp system.The battery negative terminal bars have a green ground attached at a few locations on the boat anyone else have this on there boats.Any reply to any of these questions would be greatly appreciated. Tom

Mainship published some cursary, mickey mouse schematics in the owner's manuals for their boats, but nothing like what you probably are looking for.

The rocker switches are Carling I think.

The ground wires connected to the DC negative buss are probably thruhull bonding wires. Nor sure how that relates to your 240V AC system.

BTW have you checked to see if your AC ground is active. My 2006 34T wasn't and it was due to not connecting the ship's ground to the chassis of the Charles isolation transformer. The same guy who wired mine may have wired yours incorrectly as well. He should have checked the schematic :rolleyes:.

David

Last edited:
Tomsboat
Take a look at my Bacchus website - Parts & Maint
There is a link to parts pics that has the supplier listed.
Unfortunately for other than the 34 T/ HT it isnt searchable but you can scan the pic previews. I'm pretty sure the sw are there.

I'd guess the rocker switches are likely Carling. The rockers themselves are most often called "actuators" -- so when the switch works but you want to replace the rocker, search "actuators" and you can find find several optionsm, labeled, lighted, etc.

FWIW, I've gotten good replacements for all our Contura-style actuators (not in a Mainship, but could be similar to many boats) from Pacer Group (pacergroup.net).

-Chris

Last edited:
I remembered an issue I encountered with Carling switches.

Many of our original rockers are illuminated, with a red lens in the actuator. The LED in one of those switches went south, so even though the switch itself still functioned, I wanted to replace it.

Bought a Blue Seas replacement, their part number 8320, marked V1B1, made by Carling. It came with an amber LED. No apparent illumination. After several tests, replacements, etc... with excellent customer service from Blue Seas, BTW... turned out it was just that the amber LED didn't sufficiently show through the actuator's red lens, especially in full daylight while I was troubleshooting the issue. I think I never thought to test it with the Blue Seas actuator still installed; I think I always switched the actuator to our style first <sigh>...

The solution was from Whitecap, V1D1, also made by Carling... and it comes with a white LED.

Or probably another solution could have been to replace the actuator with one that had a clear lens...

-Chris

Back
Top Bottom