RIP Charles Aznavour

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi,

Yes Charles Aznavour was very famous in my country, France. He started with a very little success in paris, in small cabarets. Edith Piaf helped him and quickly, in mid 50, he became " a star" with real poems and nice music. He was also representative of the Armenian communauty in France and tried to defend history of these people persecuted in Turquie. If you can here him singing in french, even if you do not understand the langage, you will appreciate him.

I was introduced to Charles Aznavour while living in Italy by my Italian girlfriend.
Her favorite song was Triste in Venezia (on an album he made in Italian). I think it was an omen.
But such a lovely voice.
Yes, even in French I loved his songs.

Hi Richard,
Good to read you like this famous singer.
I am the frenchy who communicated with you when you were underway to Martinique during your last atlantic crossing through your very efficient delorme in reach system ( one system not very used here in Europe)!
I have sailed to Canary Island and I am preparing as well the passage with Balder VIII.
In Gibraltar, it was a nightmare to find an insurance company who accepts to cover our risk when in Carribean and US waters. we should stay one winter more here, no hurricane, very clean islands and sunshine.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom