View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 09:17 AM   #14
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
While the OP is very much entitled to his own opinions, I have a couple of comments. I think the criticism of Helmsman quality is poorly informed. Just read all the stories of happy purchasers here. That's one thing I base opinions on is the stories and reports of owners. China does not mean poor quality, just less expensive labor. Quality can vary widely.

As to the Elling, a nice boat, but let's not get carried away with the righting feature as that's very much a public relations attribute in a closely controlled situation.

As to the Northern and Agave. Please be aware that boat was not built by the current company or in the current manufacturing plant. It's a one of a kind built by Concorde marine.

I concur in finding it odd that they want to use the history of all the other Northern Marines there have been.

Glad you found Trawlerfest enjoyable and appreciate the report.

You are correct that the larger boat market is semi-displacement boats capable of greater speeds. This is especially true with any buyers who are not retired but have jobs and families involved.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote