Newsletter Unsubscribing(2)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
I previously unsubscribed,it seemed to work. But, last week,and today, it restarted. I unsubscribed again,I don`t need the newsletter, and it saves TF time and money not having to send it.

I want to bring this thread back online... I have unsubscribed SEVERAL times from the newsletter and I continue to get it. Please figure out what is wrong. Sure, it isn't a huge inconvenience, but dang it's irritating. I am here many, many times in a day and don't need an email showing all the threads I have either looked at or ignored. And I would venture a guess that very few, if any, need it either. Still, if you want to send it, fine, but when I press 'Unsubscribe', I would hope the intent is understood.

Thanks!

1) Goto "UserCP" in the drop-down menu (red bar) at the top of most of the screens.
2) In the "Your Control Panel" in the left-hand column, locate the "Settings and Options" section.
3) Select "Edit Options"
4) In the Edit Options page, locate the "Messaging and Notifications" section
5) Within Messaging and Notifications", goto the "Receive Mail" section.
6) Remove the flag (check) from "Receive Email from Our Community"
7) Scroll to the bottom of the "Edit Options" page and 'click' "Save Changes".

I had the same, not only fromT.F. but from some of the sister/brother sites. Highly annoying for the same reasons. I frequent these sites ,frequently, and didn't need to be told of all the threads I already chose to ignore..

I did find the cancellation feature as described so no more annoying e mails unless someone sends me one specifically.

Same issue here.Unsubscribing is effective briefly but shortly after it seems TF switches unsubscribers back on.
Better to improve the"Unsubscribe" facility or cease circumventing it, than resort to the multiple steps Shrew advises.

Hmm,
THese darn newsletter just reappeared. I will go unsubscribe again but now it is annoying.
Issue 35,
Sept 2018
Week 39

I just finished going through T.F. so I DO NOT NEED OR WANT THESE NEWSLETTERS.
STOP THEM permanently.

I will unsubscribe AGAIN.

Same here. Unsubscribed many times. Still keeps coming back. Please fix it.

1) Goto "UserCP" in the drop-down menu (red bar) at the top of most of the screens.
2) In the "Your Control Panel" in the left-hand column, locate the "Settings and Options" section.
3) Select "Edit Options"

Thanks, Shrew. Gave it a try. We'll see if anymore newsletters arrive.

Same here. Unsubscribed many times. Still keeps coming back. Please fix it.

3) Select "Edit Options"

If you have specific problems, reach out to Moderator/Site Teammember who can discuss with you further.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm just as frustrated with the recurring newsletter emails. After unsubscribing 3-4 times, they just restarted this past week.

What part of unsubscribe does the software not understand?

I'm just as frustrated with the recurring newsletter emails. After unsubscribing 3-4 times, they just restarted this past week.

What part of unsubscribe does the software not understand?

We've found the issue in the unsubscribe function and I am hopeful that it's now corrected. As noted by many, unsubscribing worked - for a while and then newsletter started up again. You will need to unsubscribe one more time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the newsletter but (fingers crossed) it should work this time. Thanks for your patience. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom