Windows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fairweather wrote:
Marin, where did you find the tracks for the sliders? We have an '86 GB 32 that is going to need to have some delaminating panes and their fuzzy tracks replaced - help?
We buy our stainless track and also the stainless/felt weatherstripping that goes on the edge of the fixed pane from Fisheries Supply.* We live outside Seattle so when we need it we simply drive over to Fisheris and pick it up.* But they carry the track in their on-line catalog, too.* It comes in eight foot lengths (or is it ten feet, I can't remember).

If you have not already discovered the Grand Banks owners forum I suggest you join it.* http://www.grandbanksowners.com* You can get answers to virtually every question you might have about the care and feeding of GBs there.* And, like this forum, they have a very user-friendly archives so you can easily find past discussions on just about every topic imaginable.

Also, there is a manuals section where you can read or download operators manuals for the boats themselves, engines, generaors, transmissions, etc.

I see clearley what you are saying. My issue is the glass is cracked I need to replace the glass itself..* I don't have a frame on the inside. That was totally rotted away also. So I don't think I will be able to follow your example.

What was used is a rubber window gasket. It is* 2 part. The gasket and a spline to lock the glass into the gasket.

I will take some pics this weekend when I am on the boat.

Thanks

SD

-- Edited by skipperdude on Thursday 29th of December 2011 01:02:49 PM

You should be able to get that rubber gasket at a local glass shop, possibly that does automotive glass as well as residential. Just take a piece in. If you can't find any, let me know or search the web. There are a lot of suppliers out there.

Spot on with that Kieth. Thanks.*I tried a auto glass shop and they had just what I needed.

Most of it is for applications on a thin surround such as aluminum. But I found a shop the had* some in 3/4" to 1/4". The 3/4" for the edge and the 1/4 for the glass. They had just enough that had been laying around in the shop for years and gave me a great price.

Now to figure out how to install it on my rotted frame.

SD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom