Mystique Headed South

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CHanson

It is time to cast off the dock lines. Tomorrow morning, Tuesday Dec. 27th,
Paula and I will begin our trip starting at Pickwick Lake on the Tennessee River heading South. Our destination is boating in warmer, drier weather. Hopefully we will spend time along the coastline of Flordia to Marathon then on to Palm Beach for the DeFever Cruisers*Rendevous and then to somewhere in the Bahamas.
It is our hope to join someone who has been there to make the crossing after the Rendevous. With all the rain we have had, I am hoping for a little favorable current in the Tenn Tom.

We will take an intermediate stop at Dog River marina, where we will get a
bottom job and have the stabalizers serviced as we come back to salt water. We have worked hard at learning the systems on Mystique. Thanks to her pervious owner, there wasn't much mechanical work that needed to be done.

Fortunately for me, we havn't had a hard freeze this year in the Memphis area*to test my winterization skills. I don't plan to return until we have had some island experience and it is warm again in the Memphis area.

As we have internet access, we will keep you informed of our progress.
Hopefully we will see some of our*friends along the way.

Chuck and Paula Hanson
Mystique
49' DeFever CPMY

Chuck & Paula:

Make sure to stop by when you get by Key Biscayne (Miami). Depending on the timing, we should have space at the outer pilings of the dock. Will have a new 52 Krogen here between the Lauderdale Trawler Fest and the Feb. Miami Boat Show. Love those 49 DeFevers

Tex

Happy cruising and safe travels filled with good times, good food, and great friends. Keep us posted and if you have a blog post the link!

Woodsong wrote:
Happy cruising and safe travels filled with good times, good food, and great friends. Keep us posted and if you have a blog post the link!
*Chuck,

Sounds like a great trip. *Dog River does good work. *

You shoud not have a problem finding *someone to cross with. *You can just anchor up at Peanut Island near the Lake Worth inlet usually to find a few waiting to go across. *Are you crossing to West End?

Chuck and Paula,
It's great to see you are on your way South. I know you are going to have a GREAT adventure. I will look forward to your reports.

If you get a chance, give me a call when you get near Bradenton or just stop by.
Judy and I should be heading toward Marathon sometime late Jan or earely Feb then over to the Bahmas in March or April.

I look forward to seeing you guys again,

Have a safe and uneventful trip.

Wm Mayberry
OPTIMYSTIQUE
IP 37-30

Sounds like a great trip. When you hit Miami, give me a call and say hello. If you dock with Healhustler, maybe we could all grab lunch.

Have a great and safe trip. The best I can hope for is that my wife will agree to go from Charleton, SC to Fl and up the St Johns river (and back). She seems to be worried about being away from home for four or five weeks. I told her that if she got bored, her (female) friend could come down and take her place. So far, that hasn't convinced her.

-- Edited by rwidman on Tuesday 27th of December 2011 02:48:52 PM

Have a GREAT trip and definately tell us about your adventure as it unfolds!*

You ought to be at Bobby's Fish Camp tonight. All the catfish is great but the whole fish is better than the filets.

We were there 5 years ago today headed south.

rwidman wrote:
* I told her that if she got bored, her (female) friend could come down and take her place. So far, that hasn't convinced her.

*That same thing happened to me but the wife consented so I took her... man couldn't she fish... I was impressed.

-- Edited by Ocean Breeze NL on Friday 30th of December 2011 08:47:04 AM

It must take quite an effort just to hold those up......the fish, that is.

Ocean Breeze NL wrote:rwidman wrote:
* I told her that if she got bored, her (female) friend could come down and take her place. So far, that hasn't convinced her.

*That same thing happened to me but the wife consented so I took her... man couldn't she fish... I was impressed.

img_70218_0_09fc22b54b633c94e3e5c0828da578ea.jpg

My wife's friend isn't bad looking, but she's not built like that!

Continuing the "off topic", my gown daughter and family met us when we were cruising and we took them for a boat ride up the ICW and back.* Now this was my daughter and husband, one grandaughter and boyfriend and one grandaughter and two of her female friends.

Believe me, if you don't already realize how old you are, nothing will make the point more than a "hot chick" sitting on the bow of your boat with her hot friends and calling up to you at the helm, "Hey, Grandpa Ron".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom