Under Bunk Venting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kwestby

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Nostra Casa
Vessel Make
C&L Puget Trawler 44
IMG_1431.jpgIMG_1432.jpg
Added some venting under the mattress to the aft bunk and did some mesh material in the v-berth. Hopefully will combat the condensation we sometimes get in the fall when we are sleeping multiple nites in a row.

A few years ago we purchased a dehumidifier, it can pull up to a gallon a day of water out of air when PNW rain around. It makes all the difference in the world when 110 available via dock power or big battery bank. When at anchor a bit of diesel heat helps too. We also have the under mattress breathable pads.

What are you using?

For the aft bunk in the pictures we used the Froli system. http://www.frolisleepsystems.com/index.html is adds a nice boxspring like base and ventilation. For the front v-berth I used hyper vent and custom cut and taped to fit the whole platform. It seems like I will like them both but I will have some real usage feedback after a couple of trips this fall.

A few years ago we purchased a dehumidifier, it can pull up to a gallon a day of water out of air when PNW rain around. It makes all the difference in the world when 110 available via dock power or big battery bank. When at anchor a bit of diesel heat helps too. We also have the under mattress breathable pads.

I agree, we keep two dehumidifiers going forward and aft. They make a huge difference in a nice and dry boat. I found though that the moisture under the bunks was coming from spleeping when the temperature difference coming from tanks under the bed and closed cold lockers under the v-berth and is most noticeable when we crank the heat in fall/winter.

Back
Top Bottom