View Single Post
Old 09-22-2018, 01:23 PM   #7
AKDoug
Guru

City: Kenai, Alaska
Vessel Name: Melanie Rose
Vessel Model: 1999 Willard PH
Gray teak is excellent non skid :-)

I have 3 strand 5/8" nylon but believe that 8 strand would lie better in the box with less coning, next rode will be 8 or 10 strand. The batteries are the house bank, about a 20' run forward and up. The draw is very light dropping anchor, and when I pull the engine is running and I am getting started for the day so no worries about topping back off.

I also have a Balmar 100 amp high output alternator with external regulator, charging two 4D AGM batteries, which are almost always topped off and in Float mode within an hour of pulling the hook and starting my run for the day. I figure I have about 400 amp hours of house bank, good for a couple of days on the hook with the refrigerator and stereo running.

I have a battery monitor I have never wired, but will have it in by next season. Only a week left in this one... The Webasto forced air heater has completely changed spring and fall cruising into a comfortable "home like" experience. I didn't know what I was missing or I would have done it long ago.
AKDoug is offline   Reply With Quote