Seawolf 520 windlass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dkk3000

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
1987 Grand Banks 36 Classi
Does anybody out there have or know where I can get a replacement motor for Seawolf 520 windlass anchor. The part number that I have which is probably outdated is 6052030 it’s a 12 V motor I have taken it to several repair shops but what they need is the winding. Or if you know anybody that specializes in rewinding the Armature that would be helpful as well, I can always send it off to them.
Thanks,
David

Does anybody out there have or know where I can get a replacement motor for Seawolf 520 windlass anchor. The part number that I have which is probably outdated is 6052030 it’s a 12 V motor I have taken it to several repair shops but what they need is the winding. Or if you know anybody that specializes in rewinding the Armature that would be helpful as well, I can always send it off to them.
Thanks,
David
I have one, Just had it rebuilt, runs perfect, Clutch bearing is frozen so I have to buy a new winlass, Let me know if you are interested,

I assume that you have communicated with the gentleman in Great Britain who rebuilds and sells parts for the Seawolf. We bought a replacement motor from him 6 years or so ago. it supposedly was an improvement over the original motor. When our motor first crapped out, we were able to remove it and use a 3/8 heavy duty 110v drill attached to the drive to bring up 200' of chain with no effort. We did this for four more anchorages until we got back in port.

Tator

Try to find a motor replacement but if no dice then there are motor rewinding shops that specialize in rewinding motors.

That motor is small enough that it may be a pain for them but if they will do it and the cost is not to high it may be worth considering.

Motor rewinders, motor repairs, etc.

Any city of any reasonable size will have rewinders. With some googling you may also be able to find those shops and contact them.

Just a last ditch suggestion is contact the guy that still sells parts. He MAY know who made the motor for Simpson Lawrence as they unlikely made it themselves, rather buying what was most suitable and designed the windlass to suit.

Yes I would be interested in the other parts that you have. Why don’t we get in touch give me your phone number or email.

Yes I would be interested in the other parts why don’t we get in touch. You can give me your phone number or email that would be great.

I'm not sure who you are addressing about buying parts. Google "Simpson Lawrence parts" and it should take you to a website for the person who bought out the Simpson Lawrence parts inventory when they went under years ago. He is located somewhere in Great Britain.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom