Angel Marine - where does it come from

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RichardM

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Stinkpot
Vessel Make
1985 Hatteras MY 48 - 6V92TA
Hi guys :)

I've been surfing this forum for a few months now and I find there is a lot of good information here. I'm in the process of shopping for my next boat in hope to do the loop in about 2 years.

I've come across the Angel Marine Motor yacht 43 1988 with twin Cats 3208T. The broker tells me it's a Taiwanese boat but I can't seem to find any information on this make and I'm not familiar with this make. There very few Angels on the net and even fewer 43s. They all seems to be bigger model. I'm thinking there were probably very few made. I'm not even sure if the builder still exist. But I have to admit, the one I found is in superbe condition for a 30 years old boat. Very sturdy thick fiber glass, not a single crack in the gelcoat and it looks better than some 5 years old boat I've seen.

Does anybody have information or experience with those Angel boats? Things to look for? Are they any good? Known problems? From what I've seen, they seem to be very strong boats even borderline overbuilt if you ask me compared to other makes...

Any help would be appreciated :)

Richard

Have no knowledge of Angel Marine but do know there were numerous distributors who would buy boats from Taiwan and then slap their label on them. Marine Trader, of course, was probably the largest and bought boats from many different yards. You might find a clue to the builder by looking at the electrical panel as they sometimes reveal the builder. Another clue might be the first three letters of the hull id. Maybe, another poster is familiar with this name.

Thank you Donsan :) I will try to look at the panel on our next visit. We plan to go see it again. The hull ID is AM143083E888. Does that ring any bell?

Thank you Donsan :) I will try to look at the panel on our next visit. We plan to go see it again. The hull ID is AM143083E888. Does that ring any bell?

The first 3 digits should be alphabet letters. AML and AMI are obviously not it. But, after a manufacturer has gone belly up, the letters might reassigned later to another entity. So, that doesn't help.

"This company (Arima Marine International) is owned by Donald Gross and is located at 47 37TH STREET NE in AUBURN state of WA. It manufactured this vessel and placed your HIN or CIN on the hull. The Parent Company for this boat maker is (). Arima Marine International has started making boats, yachts and other watercraft as of 12/4/1980 and went out of business on (3/27/2013) in the following country:"

AM "i"......

I know of one "Angel". Around 1990, its owner was in our YC, used it extensively. It looked a lot like a late model Riviera of similar length, around 45'. He sold it and moved up, then died, so no further information is available.

n the HIN, I doubt Arima had anything to do with Angel. Arima was big into fishing, fast small boats, ala Grady White styling. Some TFrs (or former TFrs) have Arima tenders.

Sorry for the delayed response... thank you all for your much appreciated comments :) yes I did the same search thinking that maybe the owner misread a "1" for an "i" ... tried an "L" too... they don't seem to fit with this kind of boat. Nevertheless, I was looking for people with experience on that boat. We really like it but we're a bit scared of the fact that there are not much of them around. Buying a boat is not necessarily a reasonable decision. It's one of those decision that you just fall in love with it not knowing why. You just feel comfortable on it and you see yourself cruising long term.

The 3208Ts were not my first choice either. I'm aware of the known issues on these engines and I when through this forum and others to get info. But I also know that it really depends on how they were used or maintained. Some last way more than 10k hrs and some fail after 2k. It's always a roll of the dice even if you do a good inspection and blow-by test... same thing with tanks. They're steel tanks. They seem in really good shape on the outside with no apparent rust around the inlet (it was accessible when we saw the boat) or anywhere else for that matter but you never know what you're gonna find inside.

I have a 45ft aft cabin Angel they are a solid boat with all the issues that all Taiwan boats have. keep up on them and she will serve you well.

Angel Marine Industries
10 Chung Lin Rd
Shaw Kang
Kaohsiung Taiwan
Built 42-75Ft motor yachts

Back
Top Bottom