View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 03:38 PM   #4
artfulltune

City: Baltimore, Maryland
Vessel Name: HAVEN
Vessel Model: Golden Star 35
Like others have experienced, my trawler Haven had developed a “squat” over the years, and, to further complicate things, it leaned slightly to port. I don’t think anyone besides me ever noticed…certainly there was no mention in the surveyor’s report 6 years ago. 2 years ago I placed all my bottled water stores in the space under the “A” berths at the bow. As I recall there were 10 cases of Poland Spring 12oz bottles residing there, (not to mention 225’ of 3/8” chain and a 35lb CQR) when I gave up trying to force proper trim. So, last year during lay-up I had the bottom soda blasted and after several weeks hired a guy to check the hull for moisture, which it, fortunately, had none.

Finally I did what I considered the only solve; re configuring the boot stripe from 1 wide stripe (2”) and 1 thin stripe (1/2”) to only 1 wide stripe, and, and raising the bottom paint line 1 ¼”. Obviously this expensive cure did nothing to resolve the trim situation, but, Haven does look a little better in the water.
artfulltune is offline   Reply With Quote