Looking for panel light

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PMF1984

Guru
Vessel Name
Wanderer
Vessel Make
Pilgrim 40
Folks,

I'm looking for a panel light to fit in the 3/4 inch hole. Ideally it would be LED, red, and have a hood on it.

Need this to help throw the right switch at the right time. I have this hole fo e the light and a hole for a toggle switch.

Can't seem to navigate Google on this. Keep getting links to 4' x 8' panel board.

Any suggestions?

John

Attachments

• Panel Board.jpg
    Panel Board.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 91
Thanks HH,

But that seems to be more of an indicator light. I need something that sticks out a little so it casts a light down over the panel.

John

Thanks HH,

But that seems to be more of an indicator light. I need something that sticks out a little so it casts a light down over the panel.

John

FWIW....I have a panel light like that on the Grand Banks that works but it does not throw enough light for me. You might want to look for an LED type replacement that will throw pleanty of light. That is on my to do list.

Take a look at this - Cole Hersee M458, uses a G6 bulb that you might be able to get in red. Fisheries Supply has them

Attachments

• 9837C705-04DE-4A3C-9E23-901BB5127F58.jpg
    9837C705-04DE-4A3C-9E23-901BB5127F58.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 95
Or this even better, you can get it in red

Attachments

• 84EB560A-3C86-4207-9449-64B095F46977.jpg
    84EB560A-3C86-4207-9449-64B095F46977.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 100
Have you called Mike Gozzard at Gozzard Yachts? He might be able to steer you in the right direction if he does not have one in stock. 519-524-6393.
I replaced the lamp in mine with a led replacement lamp for about $6 USD

Aircraft Spruce is a good source , but get a light with a "press to test" feature , so you can check on the bulb function as desired.

Thanks for all the tips on the panel light.

Mike Gozzard was able to steer me in the right direction and I was able to get a feeble red panel light (just what I wanted) that was too small for my existing hole. A couple of washers later, all good.

Thanks again.

John

Links? Pix? Might help the next guy that comes along needing the same thing...

Goderich Ontario, Are you running one of those tugs built in Goderich, seen one in Port Angles, WOW ! that was one very,very nice boat.

Goderich Ontario, Are you running one of those tugs built in Goderich, seen one in Port Angles, WOW ! that was one very,very nice boat.

Yes, a Pilgrim 40! They are nice looking, nicely laid out, and good on fuel. I’m very lucky.

Having looked at this for a while now, I think the light is bright enough. I can use it for a night light. I think I just have to have it project a little more from the panel face to get a better angle.

John

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom