It's Occured to Me.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If you zoom out a bit, you need to think about why people are attracted to trawlers. I think (interst in)trawlers define the person. And that particular person is generally not ignorant and is seeking information. To prove my point with a rhetorical question: How many 20 year olds fantasize about trawlers???...I am equating 20 year olds with ignorance if you didn't figure that out! All I am saying is that people looking into trawlers pretty much already "have a clue" and will not be scared off by what they read on here.

To put it a bit more simply and to paraphrase Slocum, we are simply "messing about in boats"......via the internet! *We love boats and boating. *And we want to "hang out" with people who share the passion.

Every single one of you make this forum what it is!!! We simply provide a medium!

PS...Marin, my goal in life now IS TO STALK YOU!!!!!...;-)

-- Edited by Baker on Saturday 24th of December 2011 01:57:51 PM

Willy wrote:

I have alot more knowledge about aircraft, airlines, aircraft manufacturers, pilots, etc.

Who knew that could be gained from a trawler boating forum.
*That's some funny stuff right there!!!!

Baker wrote:Willy wrote:

I have alot more knowledge about aircraft, airlines, aircraft manufacturers, pilots, etc.

Who knew that could be gained from a trawler boating forum.
*That's some funny stuff right there!!!!

*Boating is the pasture where pilots go at the end of their careers when they're put out to stud.* Similar skillset, new area to learn, trawler speeds he can keep up with, still gets to be called "Captain" and still Master and Commander of his universe.* (apologies to Carquinez Coot. :worship: )

-- Edited by FlyWright on Saturday 24th of December 2011 03:09:38 PM

Baker wrote:

To put it a bit more simply and to paraphrase Slocum, we are simply "messing about in boats"......via the internet! *We love boats and boating. *And we want to "hang out" with people who share the passion.

*I think it's highly presumptuous of you to assume that any of us would want to "hang out"* with you anywhere other than on these pages.* I mean c'mon, where's the common ground; boating, the water, trawlers?* What could we possibly have to talk about? If I didn't know better, I'd think you were one of those sailboat weirdo's. Either that or you're still compensating for your "single engine/manhood" thing.*I'll bet you even use a bow thruster (on your boat).*

And you think that by quoting famous aviators that people are going to think you're smart? Really. *So don't go trying to promote that "friendship" stuff around here.*

Anyway, merry christmas*.***

KJ wrote:Baker wrote:

*I think it's highly presumptuous of you to assume that any of us would want to "hang out"* with you anywhere other than on these pages.* I mean c'mon, where's the common ground; boating, the water, trawlers?* What could we possibly have to talk about? If I didn't know better, I'd think you were one of those sailboat weirdo's. Either that or you're still compensating for your "single engine/manhood" thing.*I'll bet you even use a bow thruster (on your boat).*

And you think that by quoting famous aviators that people are going to think you're smart? Really. *So don't go trying to promote that "friendship" stuff around here.*

Anyway, merry christmas*.***

smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Baker wrote:

*Cool!* My first stalker.

If you want to get together in a Boeing/aviation context sometime that would be great.* I'll give you a private tour of the plant, which is world's better than the "look at it for 15 minutes from the balcony" public tour.

But if you want to get together and talk boats, I'm busy or have a headache.

There is a plethora of knowledge that is willingly shared by members of this forum. *The beauty is that there are all types of cruiserrs and boaters here. Diifferent style cruising and different style boats. *We have long distance ocean passage cruisers like LarryM *Delphin, Chuck on Beach House,and Artic Traveler. *We have mechanical experts and anchor testers like Eric. *Jeff from Active Captain just checked in. *What resources we have.

We will be learning more about the River Dulce in Guatamala from Belize Bill. Otis Guy is *preparing to leave Panama on a 600 mile passage maiden voyage on a boat that is new to him. *What an adventure that is. *I think we all learn, or as Marin says know what to look up.

There is a wide range of experience in all facets of life here. *Different styles and different views make it interesting. *It hard to remember or name all, but most everyone has added something to the site.

Lurkers are welcome to come on in. *Many of the newcomers already have a world of boating expierence. *Their opinion is worth as much as anyones'. *So come on in. *We would like to get to know you * Like John said, 20 year olds are not the target market for trawler manufacturers or brokers. *Most trawler or big cruiser buyers are already experienced boaters.

Besides all that we can sort of be boating when we are not boating. *Now, that's cool!

Baker wrote:
If you zoom out a bit, you need to think about why people are attracted to trawlers. I think (interst in)trawlers define the person. And that particular person is generally not ignorant and is seeking information. To prove my point with a rhetorical question: How many 20 year olds fantasize about trawlers???...I am equating 20 year olds with ignorance if you didn't figure that out! All I am saying is that people looking into trawlers pretty much already "have a clue" and will not be scared off by what they read on here.

**I never thought of that Bake, but listening to it makes me feel a lot better about myself. *Thanks. *At least if I'm doing dumb things to my boat, I was smart about my choice of what to do dumb things to.

FlyWright wrote:

Boating is the pasture where pilots go at the end of their careers when they're put out to stud.* Similar skillset, new area to learn, trawler speeds he can keep up with, still gets to be called "Captain" and still Master and Commander of his universe.* (apologies to Carquinez Coot.*
worship.gif
*)*

Hey, you know, I wondered about that myself. *I bought my Krogen Manatee from an A-10 Warthog pilot. *I figured anyone in love with a plane designed around an Gattling Gun must have the right stuff, boat included.

"Boating is the pasture where pilots go at the end of their careers when they're put out to stud."

Most pilots I have known were out to stud the day the obtained their "leg Spreaders".

Many of the young fellows discover SAILING takes far more skill , and mastery than simply changing switch positions on the aluminum overcast.

-- Edited by FF on Monday 26th of December 2011 05:38:53 AM

FlyWright wrote:
*Boating is the pasture where pilots go at the end of their careers when they're put out to stud.* Similar skillset, new area to learn, trawler speeds he can keep up with, still gets to be called "Captain" and still Master and Commander of his universe.* (apologies to Carquinez Coot. :worship: )
*Al, no apology required. *I consider us all masters and commanders.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom