American Diesel Corp (Lehman)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BruceK

Moderator Emeritus
Vessel Name
Sojourn
Vessel Make
Integrity 386
I sent Brian Smith of ADC an email enquiring about whether a part was an original Ford or a Lehman marinizing part. The reply came overnight, it was a Ford part which I should be able to get at a tractor dealer.
The fast response was impressive, especially when there was no sale in it for ADC. I recall mentions on TF of delay but it seems all good now.
Lehman users would be in trouble without the support of ADC.

For spam reasons I won`t put the ADC email address up here but if anyone wants it, send me a PM.

Bruce,

Credit where due:thumb:

What was the part?

Bruce,

Credit where due:thumb:

What was the part?
Head gasket.Found on ebay.au,coming from England,$99 Au,incl freight & GST,made in Spain.

Hope it arrives unbent. Internet searches for a local source were unrewarding, though Wagga Wagga Tractor in NSW might have one.

I have always found them to be extremely helpful and accommodating even if they aren’t selling me something.

I’ve lost count of the times I’ve asked Brian for technical advice on our Lehmans. Always cheerfully given and always spot on. As I write, he’s overnighting us a drive damper plate so we can get underway. Lehman owners would be much the worse off without American Diesel.

In case it helps anyone, during my searches I found on ebay.com USA, complete aftermarket gasket sets for FLs (I think) $185, head gasket on its own,$99. Plus of course, shipping to OZ. Can`t recall if US shipping was included but it can`t be much. Seemed reasonable.

Theres other suppliers of a few parts on thd web, and for tech support there is also Bomac in Georgia (US) and the place near Seattle (would gave to check my notes).

All helpfull, but Am Diesel seems the easiest to deal with in terms of advice.

Dealt with American Diesel for 20 years. Frankly they were the best marine supplier I dealt with in that period.

For Lehman/Ford parts the best man in England is Mike Bellamy of Lancing Marine. He'll ship worldwide and has a lifetime of experience (he used to race them in power boats).
Ford engines are still made in Turkey so you can buy everything from a gasket to a replacement engine.

BruceK,
Would you kindly send me the email for American Diesel? I'm in need of 2C304 pressure cap (chrome) for my twin 135 Lehmans.
Thanks
Dmooch

You should be able to get the cap at any auto parts store.

American Diesel responds best to a phone call. 804-435-3107

BruceK,
Would you kindly send me the email for American Diesel? I'm in need of 2C304 pressure cap (chrome) for my twin 135 Lehmans.
Thanks
Dmooch
Doing it now. I have their replacement caps but they don`t seal well,thinking of putting an extra rubber seal layer under the existing.
Problem with auto shops could be the very low pressure rating.

Back
Top Bottom