Well I finally got my trawler

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Woohoo!! Congrats. Let’s see some photos.

Congrats on your new boat. Now we need photos.

Enjoy your fast cruiser!

Congratulations!

Welcome to the club! You'll love it!

Nice! Pics! And may you have good luck keeping the blue gel coat from oxidizing!

I have better then photos, I have a video taken of my now boat at the Toronto boat show in 2016:

I have removed the back bench, I just find it gives me more room. I might want to sell it.

Congrats! Blue hulls are for masochists, but it certainly looks pretty! Overall, I think the ST34 is a fairly spacious, well thought out boat. I was wavering between the 34 and 44 when purchasing.

Your boat looks like an updated, Euro-styled improved version of my 1977 Californian 34 LRC. What a beaut! More refined and much less cluttered, too!

What power do you have? Single?

I saw one at the dock in Sausalito last month and it was called a 35. Same hull?

Last edited:
My Captain and I had a 34 St - loved it

The damn grand kids coming back made us move to a 44 ST!!!!

We were NEVER in a sea that concerned us - plus the fuel economy was terrific.

Good luck!!!

Saw this great walk-through video. Missed the head and ER. Maybe one of you guys could fill in the gaps...

Ok so the shore power cable, supposedly it's a 32 AMP cable, (not a 30 amp) which works perfectly....but I have another pair of cables from my Monteray boat (north american shore cables)so when I tried to use them they just wouldn't plug into the sockets of the boat., when I examen it more closely I noticed the pins are not the exactly the same. So I call my dealer and he told me my boat has the European sockets. So now I'm wondering if there's an adapter that I could use on my regular North American shore power cables to convert the male end to European pins? any help with this ?

My dealer also told me he could also change the sockets in the boat to north american sockets ...

Ok so the shore power cable, supposedly it's a 32 AMP cable, (not a 30 amp) which works perfectly....but I have another pair of cables from my Monteray boat (north american shore cables)so when I tried to use them they just wouldn't plug into the sockets of the boat., when I examen it more closely I noticed the pins are not the exactly the same. So I call my dealer and he told me my boat has the European sockets. So now I'm wondering if there's an adapter that I could use on my regular North American shore power cables to convert the male end to European pins? any help with this ?

My dealer also told me he could also change the sockets in the boat to north american sockets ...

Show us pics

Changing the power inlet may be best idea. You can find the inlets on ebay or brand new for $50-150.

First, congratulations on the new boat. We’ve had our ST34 for a little over 2 years and absolutely love it!!
Secondly, I ran into the same problem with the shore power cords. We docked at a marina with a bad power outlet that fried our neutral on one of the cables, and ended up having to order a new one from Beneteau through our dealer. I wasn’t able to find an adapter but that would be the ideal solution.

Good luck!

Change the power inlet...

Also if you have a DVD player factory installed - check to see if it compatible with our american format

First, congratulations on the new boat. We’ve had our ST34 for a little over 2 years and absolutely love it!!
Secondly, I ran into the same problem with the shore power cords. We docked at a marina with a bad power outlet that fried our neutral on one of the cables, and ended up having to order a new one from Beneteau through our dealer. I wasn’t able to find an adapter but that would be the ideal solution.

Good luck!

My power inlet fried due to what was determined to be a loose wire on the inlet connection. I recommended to a few members to pull their inlets to check them. You don't have to get parts from Beneteau or a dealer. eBay or West Marine or Amazon etc

Show us pics

Changing the power inlet may be best idea. You can find the inlets on ebay or brand new for $50-150.

I just posted the pictures on the Electrical and Electronics & Navigation forum , under European Cables thread

Back
Top Bottom