Breeze’s Leap of Faith for sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I loved Ed's books until this last one. Way too much Trumpy politics for me. I am 100 pages into it and may not finish it. The other nine books were great. Not this one.

It does continue Ed's style of basing the book on specific places the protagonist cruises to and specific restaurants and bars he hangs out at which I like very much, many of which I can relate since I now live in Punta Gorda half of the year. But this one voices a very Trumpian theme that I can't stand.

I probably will tough it out though, since it is his last one as it is now up to date on current events. Maybe it will end with Hillary convicted of treason, who knows.

David

Last edited:
David

You are correct! Could not finish book 10. He says he is going to write more from on top of a hill, someplace. We'll see.

I have read them all.
The last was not all that good.
I wounder what the new adventures will be since he has moved.

If you are looking for another good series of books to read check out Mango Bob. They are also free if you have a Kindle Unlimited subscription.

Big fan of Ed's books. Looks like #11 will be the last of his boating adventures. Can anyone recommend a similar series, ideally based in the same areas (Bahamas, FL, Carrib)?

The Mac Travis series by Steven Becker is pretty good. It is set in the Marathon-Key West area and has lots of funky characters and the watering holes they hang out in.

Also look at the Jesse McDermitt series by Wayne Stinnett. It is about a retired Marine? who buys an island in the lower keys, builds a paramilitary camp on it and goes off to right wrongs in the Caribbean.

In another area of Florida, Pine Island on the SW coast, the Ellie O'Conner series by Jack Hardin is good. I particularly like his writing style- easy to read and not too over the top.

Neither are as, well breezy as the Ed Robinson books and the McDermitt series in particular gets pretty violent without really advancing the storyline.

And if you want violent, take a look at the Logan Dodge series by Mathew Rief. Dodge and his partner Ange get into a half dozen firefights in each book, with machine gun bullets flying around them while Dodge and Ange kill off a couple of dozen bad guys while getting hardly a scratch. I ended up reading all three in the series, but had to ignore reality to continue through them.

And for mostly just fun, the Mango Bob series by Bill Myers is great. Just replace the trawler and babe with an RV and a short tailed cat and enjoy.

All are Kindle Unlimited eligible.

David

Last edited:
Another thumbs down for his latest book. In the middle of it now and am skipping entire sections of his political rants. Disappointing as I really enjoyed his other books.

Leaving feedback on Amazon would be a way of letting the author you don’t appreciate politics in your fiction reading.

I just finished Robinson's tenth book, Enduring Breeze. The author acknowledges the politics in his afterword. He says that it was something that needed to be said. Well, I am someone who is going to write a bad review as suggested above. There!!

Don't forget that the previous nine books are all great. Maybe the author lost it for this one because he is selling Leap of Faith. There is an eleventh book that must be the end of the series. I will read it in a few days and report.

David

Talk about a lifestyle change though. Moved from a boat cabin to a cabin on a mountain.

Too dang cold for me!

I read about 3/4 of book 11 last night. Pretty good book. Several short missions in this book. Only one political rant so far. Put the book down and will finish it tonight.

I can live with an author's political rants now and then, as long as they are honest. The ones in book 10 were far from honest.

David

I just finished the last book 11, Benevolent Breeze and the final one in this series. Much better than the previous book 10 with its partisan political rants. Yes this one had an eco terrorist thing directed at Big Sugar but I can certainly live with that as long as it doesn't have overt political rants.

I do like Ed Robinson's writing style and look forward to his "Mountain Breeze" series.

And as in the Benevolent Breeze ending, the author Ed Breeze Robinson is now living in a cabin in NC.

David

Remember Robin Lee Graham sailing around the world, and then moving to the mountains?
Something going on there with a specific behavior pattern :angel:

I will miss Breeze's boating adventures. Loved all his books and perhaps I should re-read the first few ones...
I also likes Mac Travis (Key's setup with interesting adventures). McDermet's series are Ok, very intense, cool setup (island living) and kind of violent
And the "Mango Bob" series are fun easy read (RV adventures). Perhaps too puritan for me (… a bit more cussing here and there would help)

Let's see what happens to Breeze in the mountains!

Remember Robin Lee Graham sailing around the world, and then moving to the mountains?
Something going on there with a specific behavior pattern :angel:

His book Dove is what started the boating craze for me. I still have it in storage along with my 70s version of Chapman’s and Bowditch

Reading book eleven now, gets free boat, uses it to deliver rescue supplies, sells boat, gives away the money. Pretty thin so far, but maybe it will improve

His book Dove is what started the boating craze for me. I still have it in storage along with my 70s version of Chapman’s and Bowditch

The Howard Pease "Tod Moran" sea stories were directly responsible for my boating interests and career. Skipped high school classes in the early 50's to read them in the school library. I have all of them, many signed, and occasionally re-read them.

https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Howard Pease

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=dp_byl...&field-author=Howard+Pease&sort=relevancerank

51qRCiTkkzL._AC_US218_.jpg
51OT0t-G2BL._AC_US218_.jpg
51mQe8GdoVL._AC_US218_.jpg

Its amazing how many people I have met in various marine trades, military, commercial and yachting, whose careers were influenced by reading these books in their youth.

I'm reading book 11 now. You just gotta love the accuracy of the boating life reading the precise details of rebuilding a vacu-flush pump. Where else are you going to get that kind of realism?

:socool:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom