TF Gathering in SE Florida 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Marty, that is the traditional way of finding a wife in Tennessee----at family reunions. It's just a culture thing.

I get a kick from the greeting card section in many Tennessee stores. It's among a handful of places I've been have the cards that say "Happy Birthday, Uncle Daddy!"

I get a kick from the greeting card section in many Tennessee stores. It's among a handful of places I've been have the cards that say "Happy Birthday, Uncle Daddy!"

The enduring question in Tennessee-----If a husband and wife divorce in Tennessee are they still cousins?

And the condensation on the inside of the car windows in the local lover's lane is called "relative humidity".

Oh, and the family tree resembles a wreath.

Difficult to find the actual date of this thang with all the BS going on - is it Feb 22nd to 24th?

Toying with the idea of coming down the Friday before, leaving the yacht and going on down to the Miami show in a hire car, then back for this shindig afterwards. Then after that heading on down to West Palm to cross for the spring Bahamas trip - somewhere.

Just in the planning stages right now! (we even had the rather odd idea of taking the boat on down to Miami during the show then back up to FP. Still an idea.)

Menzies. Those dates will work, Ted and I are planning on arriving the 20 and leaving the morning of the 24/25. Watfa will cook for the group the 23 Saturday, we usually visit the barbecue joint close by..

Yes we will have the rum flowing, even Baker and Wendy couldn’t finish it the last two years but they made a sizable dent, other options for adult beverages will be available.

I had no interest in leaving on Sunday the 24th and playing in the weekend AICW demolition derby. Think Monday is a far safer day to leave.

Ted

I agree, I’m leaving monday the 25 and hopefully can run outside in calm water but I think most others are leaving Sunday.

Is anyone keeping a roster of attendees?

Is anyone keeping a roster of attendees?

Wifey B: The grand poobah is trying to if he can keep his troops under control. Luckily, he has the girls at the marina trying to keep him informed. :)

And reporting, just because, only like 10% moon tonight off the coast of NC. :(

Last edited:
Yes we will have the rum flowing, even Baker and Wendy couldn’t finish it the last two years but they made a sizable dent, other options for adult beverages will be available.

Hey now...I have photo evidence of "dead rum soldiers"....but the reinforcements were deep!!!! I "remember" proudly finishing a bottle....only to have you march anther one out!!!

I have crossed the Atlantic, and signed on to crew on a boat in the Med. Hope to be back by February, but if not Larry will know what to do.:socool:

Wow, sounds like fun Don. I sure hope you have been instructing your apprentice well over the last few years and he is keeping track of the attendees.

Have fun, I always wanted to cruise the Greek islands.

Difficult to find the actual date of this thang with all the BS going on - is it Feb 22nd to 24th?

Toying with the idea of coming down the Friday before, leaving the yacht and going on down to the Miami show in a hire car, then back for this shindig afterwards. Then after that heading on down to West Palm to cross for the spring Bahamas trip - somewhere.

Just in the planning stages right now! (we even had the rather odd idea of taking the boat on down to Miami during the show then back up to FP. Still an idea.)

Decided to just fly down to Miami on the Saturday morning and do the show Saturday afternoon and Sunday and then a Central America Cruise afterwards.

You guys enjoy!

Well, I'm back. My crewing job did not work out as planned. I'm thinking of suing that Greek captain for age discrimination.

Hi Don

Happy your back to take control of your reprobates.

Are you saying they were filming a XXX rated movie in the Greek islands and you couldn’t preform as expected? :nonono:

Hi Don

Happy your back to take control of your reprobates.

Are you saying they were filming a XXX rated movie in the Greek islands and you couldn’t preform as expected? :nonono:

That's not it. That Greek captain didn't think he needed any advice to run his boat. I could have helped him quite a bit, but he just wouldn't listen. All he would do was flip his worry beads.

Hi Don, glad you're back.
Just wanted to give you and Irv fair warning. I'm headed to the boatyard tomorrow for bottom paint, wax and metal polish. Will touch it up again in February before the gathering. Looking forward to [STRIKE]blinding[/STRIKE] seeing you guys in February. :flowers:

Ted

Ted

Really??

Your boat doesn’t need any more shine, I’m going to bring a bunch of welders helmets for the guys so they won’t get blinded. We can never catch a break.

Its OK Irv.... if it ever gets nice and sunny and calm up here in Jersey, I am slapping some Home Depot....flat, prison puke green, flat latex paint on my boat to absorb Teds "extra" shine.

Scott

May I suggest some olive drab camo paint, I have that on one flats boat to not reflect any shine to the fish we are stalking. It may need a few coats to absorb Ted’s shine.

Hey Guys, Don't worry. I have spoken with the big boss at the marina, and Ted will be back in his corner. He won't bother anyone there.

Hey Guys, Don't worry. I have spoken with the big boss at the marina, and Ted will be back in his corner. He won't bother anyone there.

No worries, everybody knows the ladies in the front office make all the important decisions, and I've taken care of them. :D

Better get your detailing crew on call, February is coming fast.

Ted

Larry, check with Menzies for the dates. :banghead:

Larry, check with Menzies for the dates. :banghead:

Irv: It’s good to be back after a 3 month road trip and to see you haven’t changed. :rofl: Tell Watfa we’re looking forward to her cooking.

Hobo’s there for the month of February so I think I can make it unless Baker shows up earlier with some Flor de Cana and then I might be a little late. :whistling:

Baker is going to do your Flor de Cana and then mine again. Say it isn’t so.
Watfa has her menus planned and is counting on Lena’s help again, I’ll watch.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom