BoatUS insurance surveyor St. Pete FL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janice142

Guru
Vessel Name
Seaweed
Vessel Make
Schucker mini-trawler
I am in the process of getting insurance for my Seaweed. BoatUS tells me I need an in-water survey. I am in St. Pete (Madeira Beach area) and am looking for a certified guy to do same. Price critical!

Any ideas? And how much should I expect to pay per foot?

Thanks for any suggestions you may be able to offer.

Janice, I would ask them for a list of approved surveyors. While you may find a better price, it would at least give you a place to start.

Ted

We keep our boat at Loggerhead St. Petersburg, which is not too far from you. We are with Boat US and I had Davis and Company conduct an out-of-water survey back in 2013 (pre-purchase in CA) and 2014 (following restoration at Progressive Marine in St. Pete). Cost was about $400 as I recall for the initial and the price was reduced for the follow-up survey. I was pleased.

We keep our boat at Loggerhead St. Petersburg, which is not too far from you. We are with Boat US and I had Davis and Company conduct an out-of-water survey back in 2013 (pre-purchase in CA) and 2014 (following restoration at Progressive Marine in St. Pete). Cost was about $400 as I recall for the initial and the price was reduced for the follow-up survey. I was pleased.

Great information. Thank you. $400 is more than the price of the insurance though yours is 30' and I'm just 23'. Still, it is a bit daunting to consider spending so much for a piece of paper that says Seaweed is fine.

Argh!!!

Thank you Shrew. I'll check those lists.

Addendum: Just realized your boat is only 24'. OUCH. Double ouch. Sherpa looks bigger in the picture.

Last edited:
Make sure the surveyor knows exactly what the survey is for too, that it's insurance only.

Janice....check around and see if someone may do a flat fee rather than by the foot.

Once they see the general condition and simplicity of the boat, the price may become negotiable.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom