Mainship Trawler Wiring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

McDan

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Lit'l Bee
Vessel Make
Mainship 350 Trawler
Does anyone know where I can get accurate wiring diagrams or electrical schematics for a 1999 Mainship Trawler?
Of particular interest to me is ‘Dual Station Adapter’, which associates with upper & lower helm engine starting & controls.

There are no accurate wiring diagrams available for those boats. Some have published pretty decent wiring diagrams for older MS 34s but I haven't seen any for more modern boats.

But what are you trying to accomplish? I am pretty familiar with how modern dual station Mainships were wired, and I am not familiar with the Dual Station Adapter term. Where are you finding that term?

David

Where can I find these?

I think I saw it on the Mainship Yahoo site in the files section. It is hard to search that forum and probably the only way to find it is to browse each file.

But be aware that any 30-40 year old boat is going to have a lot of owner modifications, so the factory wiring is just a starting point.

David

Thanks. I found them.My boat is bone stock, even the wiring except for added electronics.

Does anyone know where I can get accurate wiring diagrams or electrical schematics for a 1999 Mainship Trawler?
Of particular interest to me is ‘Dual Station Adapter’, which associates with upper & lower helm engine starting & controls.

I have a 1999 Mainship 350. Which 'controls' are you referring too?

There is a breaker on the panel which puts power to the ignition and an ignition at each helm. The shifter and throttle are not related to this. The Helm breaker simply sends power to the respective helm panel itself.

What is the problem you're having?

There are no accurate wiring diagrams available for those boats. Some have published pretty decent wiring diagrams for older MS 34s but I haven't seen any for more modern boats.

But what are you trying to accomplish? I am pretty familiar with how modern dual station Mainships were wired, and I am not familiar with the Dual Station Adapter term. Where are you finding that term?

David

A schematic stored in the engine control box mentions the ‘dual station adapter’ and indicates it would be plugged in between the helms and hull harnesses.
My issue it the lower helm IGN/start sw has no B+, and it has been ok until recently.
On my 350 there’s a single toggle sw on each helm- Off/On/Start - and whichever is used to activate the engine becomes ‘master’.

Update: I found a post by Bacchus with numerous manuals: my 1999 model 350 is well-described by the 2000 model-year Single Engine 390 model manual!

Update: I found a post by Bacchus with numerous manuals: my 1999 model 350 is well-described by the 2000 model-year Single Engine 390 model manual!

Glad it helped.
It's too bad Marlow decided to take down the legacy MS info that used to reside on the web. I have emailed them to inquire and request they reconsider but they didn't even respond to my email.
I guess their focus is on selling new Marlow's vs retaining any MS loyal owners

It's too bad - even if had no interest in hosting a site if they would make the info available I'm sure we could figure out a way to get it posted.
:confused:

I learned early on with my 390 that if you get the upper and lower start switches out of synch you can have issues. I only start and stop from the lower station.
John

Back
Top Bottom