Selene 60

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bogranjac1

This magnificent vessel arrived this arvo at Dunk Island. After checking her in the binoculars for a bit I motored over in the tender and asked the make and model. They were real nice and said it was a selene 60 trawler. The only thing that surprised me was how a top class designed vessel as it
surely was could roll like a total pig.

Attachments

• DSC03459.jpg
    DSC03459.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 138
Rolling at anchor or underway? If it has a rounded full displacement hull, it would roll at anchor in the right sea conditions, say a current counter to the wind. Maybe you could elaborate...

At anchor. When I was asking about the make etc. was just surprised at how much she rolled. I imagine underway it would be stabilized and rock steady.
One just assumes that a craft like that would sit nice at anchor

Any boat will roll when side on to swells. Flopper stoppers or gyro will help, but barring those, a boat will roll. Our boat is 70k pounds and will roll when anchored somewhere where there is a surge coming around the corner

I have a Selene 65 as a dock neighbour. Rolls like crazy when ferry wash passes through marina. I think they are a pretty top heavy design. My neighbour's roll is even worse when he's light on fuel and water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom