Refleks heaters/stoves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Always like the look of those. Looked around to see who sells them, could only find Hamilton Marine but no one on the west coast.

I am familiar with the Dickinson units , was a dealer , when sabre tooth tigers roamed.

The units with a pot burner are great as they only need to be lit once in the fall and will operate till spting.

My only caution is to purchase the H style smoke head , in marinas the breeze can come from any direction , including down , in a marina full of boats .

A water deck iron , a gravity supply of fuel , and every winter when the marina looses power at -10F , you will have lots of visitors coming over!

The refleks has a good reputation.

I am familiar with the Dickinson units , was a dealer , when sabre tooth tigers roamed.

The units with a pot burner are great as they only need to be lit once in the fall and will operate till spting.

My only caution is to purchase the H style smoke head , in marinas the breeze can come from any direction , including down , in a marina full of boats .

A water deck iron , a gravity supply of fuel , and every winter when the marina looses power at -10F , you will have lots of visitors coming over!

The refleks has a good reputation.

Thanks for that.

By "water deck iron" do you mean the third item in this stove accessories page: Stove Accessories

"By "water deck iron" do you mean the third item in this stove accessories page: Stove Accessories "

Yes the 4 inch bronze is pictured .

Water is poured onto the deck iron and will remain outside in the fitting .

The unit keeps the deck temperature at the fitting below combustible.

Mostly required for larger HOT wood burning ranges.

The limited BTU output of most of these units may require more than one unit for severe cold.

The most common is an oil fired galley range and one or two round units fore and aft.

All depends on the size of the boat and temps.

Warm shades work well on large glass areas.Wool rugs on the cabin sole , with a bathroom carpet on top works well.

The bathroom carped is machine washable , so visitors with mud & snow covered boots are less hassle,

Stay warm!!! 22 years full time in the NYC area.

Last edited:
I've had experience with them on a couple boats I've used/delivered. Refleks are the best of the bunch in my opinion. Although I'm going with Dickinson in my next boat for $$ reasons.

With a gravity fed tank, they are silent. If you have to use a 12v low pressure pump, there is a little periodic clicking noise you'll hear. It's not annoying, but it's noticeable.

They work great, Plenty of heat at highest setting, but need a proper install to draw correctly and not leave soot all over. Some people use #1 diesel in heaters and stoves. Also most can burn Kerosene.
I've had a diesel stove in every big boat, love them.

Back
Top Bottom