Air Conditioner Breaker Panel Switch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jsplichal2

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Czech Mate
Vessel Make
President 41
Hello fellow trawler fans. I have what I assume to be a switch which is not working and I could use some help identifying a replacement. I will include some pics below, but best I can tell it is a three position switch, located on my breaker panel, that selects between buss 1, off, and buss 2. The switch then goes through a 20 amp push button circuit breaker and out to my AC. There are two round circles on either side of the toggle, one labeled A-H USA and the other UND LAB INC LIST. There is a number on the side, 8724, that I assume is a part number. I tried google and didn't come up with anything. All the pictures are of the switch, except for the one with the white toggle, that is an identical switch right below it that goes to the stove/oven. I just added it to show the relationship of the switch to the push button breaker.
To be clear, I am looking for someone to point me in the right direction to ID and locate a replacement switch.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• IMG_1068.jpg
    IMG_1068.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_1070.jpg
    IMG_1070.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1072.jpg
    IMG_1072.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1078.jpg
    IMG_1078.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 50
The two circles are certification marks, but they do at least give you info on the switch's rating - 10A-250V, 20A-125V (and I do think its a switch) The "8724" is probably a datecode (year 1987, week 24). Is there anything else on the other side or "back"?

Could you provide more pictures of the switch? Different angles and from a little further away?

Ken

Thanks for the response. There are no other markings on any side other than assembled in Mexico. Here are the rest of the pictures I have. Buss 2 is the buss with both ACs and the stove. Shore power and gen on/off at the top and then the three below are AC, AC, Stove. More accurately i should say Bus 1 has the the shore power and gen on/off breakers at the top with all the 110V breakers below it minus the AC, AC, Stove. Bus 2 has another shore power and gen on/off breaker at the top with the three switches - AC,AC,Stove - located below that can be selected to either bus 1 or bus 2.

Attachments

• IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_1058.jpg
    IMG_1058.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1074.jpg
    IMG_1074.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 45
In your first post you said you assume that the switch is bad. How did you troubleshoot it? Switches are easy to troubleshoot. First turn off all power then install an appropriate sized jumper across the center terminal and one end. Turn on power. See it that bus works then. Then repeat with the other end terminal. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. I had no power at the aft ac condenser unit so I moved on to the breaker panel. I used an AC/DC voltage tester with leads and checked both the forward ac switch and aft ac switch. Tested the wire that goes to the push button breaker with the white wires on the other side. Had power indicated on forward ac switch but none on aft switch. I figure is has to be the switch since all the white and black wiring is daisy chained together between the three switches. (AC,AC,Oven)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom