View Single Post
Old 08-29-2018, 07:39 PM   #162
BandB
Guru

City: Fort Lauderdale. Florida, USA
Wifey B: I shall not laugh. I shall not laugh. I shall not laugh. I shall not laugh.

I tried to organize a gathering with a group of teachers once. What do teachers fuss about constantly? Kids not following instructions. Kids not paying attention. I'm sorry to all my friends, but no group of kids has ever rivaled that group of teachers.

In the email, I send the address and a map. I get emails back asking where it's going to be and how to get there. I tell them to print out the directions and map and then go thumb a ride along the highway and hand it to the driver. I had day, date, and time. I get emails back asking when it is. I tell them that's a secret and why I typed it in Arial Black so they couldn't read it. I tell them to bring nothing, that all food is provided. I get emails back asking what they should bring. I tell them enough Prime Rib and Lobster to serve 40. I tell them their spouses or partners or boyfriends/girlfriends are welcome as are their kids, but I must have a list of who is coming. I get back questions asking if Ralph can come. I say if Ralph is one of those listed he can but not if he's your dog. Out of 30 people it was sent to, I got correct responses, accepting or saying they couldn't come and if accepting listing who would come from 7. 10 sent no response so I had to call and they seem shocked that I called. The rest required emails back and forth and on at least 2 or 3 of those I gave up and called them.

Oh, it doesn't stop there. 4 were not there 30 minutes after the time it was scheduled. 1 of those thought it was another day. 1 thought it was a different time. 1 was just running late. 1 was completely lost but didn't have the email with my phone number, nor GPS, nor a map. My hubby then stayed on the phone with her the entire trip, directing her turn by turn. Apparently, she finally made it and parked and then asked "now what do I do?" because my hubby told her to "take your clothes off and get out of the car and walk toward the group of people in front of you." Her response was, "they have their clothes on." See, I'm not the only smarta... in the family. By that time someone had walked to her car and walked her our way, still clothed.

So, I'm laughing with you dudes, not at you. Just a typical group and no worse at following directions than any others, better than some. "Herding cats" would have been easier than elementary teachers.
BandB is offline   Reply With Quote