Watermaker/ Reverse osmosis.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Martin J

Guru
Vessel Name
Artemis
Vessel Make
Cheoy Lee 67
I'm looking for a watermaker for the new boat I've just closed on and came across this company https://www.tecnortham.com/.

Brazilian company with a US division in Carolina.

The specs seem very attractive as is the price. seemingly they've sold some 8500 units into the states. They appear to be priced half the cost of comparable's.

Anybody come across them? Or of have one of their machines and relate there experiences with them.

Trying to get this new craft up to spec before some serious time on board

Check the filter and membrane sizes to see if they are standard. Price them and parts like the high pressure pump. GPD means 24 hours.
You might look at Cruise RO. Yacht & Boat Water Maker by Cruise RO Water & Power
I have a similar system. In components rather than a box allows you to install where it best fits your engineroom. It makes servicing filters and membranes much easier. Their smallest 20GPH/480GPD is about $4000 and features standard filters/parts.

Thanks for the comments. The last system I had I built myself, based on a pump I picked on ebay, but by the time I'd finished the price was up there. And again I had parts all over the engine room. I was drawn to the Tecnortham by there compact size and $3500 for a 300GPD. The new boat (too me) has a substantial sized engine room. so I would be able to locate it out of the way but accessible for use and servicing. I was taken however by cruise R.O's video's and mini lectures on there equipment and operation.

I would recommend sticking with Cruise RO and other well known and widely used brands until you find a better track record and more widespread use of the Tecnortham. Tecnortham doesn't even indicate any dealer network. I've been overwhelmed by the satisfied users of Cruise RO.

We have Sea Recovery and are very happy with them, but some are not so happy. They also do use proprietary filters, although there is now one company making generic replacements. On the other hand, with pre-filtering systems and other packages, their filters last many times longer than others. Still I think the majority of boaters are happier with brands like Cruise RO.

I have a Village Marine 12volt unit here in classified as a running takeout. 8-9 gallons an hour. 17amps@12v

Thanks for the comments. The last system I had I built myself, based on a pump I picked on ebay, but by the time I'd finished the price was up there. And again I had parts all over the engine room. I was drawn to the Tecnortham by there compact size and $3500 for a 300GPD. The new boat (too me) has a substantial sized engine room. so I would be able to locate it out of the way but accessible for use and servicing. I was taken however by cruise R.O's video's and mini lectures on there equipment and operation.

300 GPD is only 12.5 gallons/hour! And that under optimum conditions. For the same price you can do better...consider more like 20 gal/hr.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom