TF Gathering in SE Florida 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agenda? From the little I have observed on the forum, I think it would be either a scheme or a plot.
Reservation to be called in tomorrow, looking forward to meeting all of you, and surviving to look back upon it, as well.
John Sage
La Vita Dolce
45 x 15
02/20/2019 to 02/25/2019
Thanks, JohnS

Expect drunkenness and old farts out of control. Yes Ted will always have a beer for anyone.

Jack (Steve) Watfa has a special secret menu this year, and it will be good.

Agenda? From the little I have observed on the forum, I think it would be either a scheme or a plot.
Reservation to be called in tomorrow, looking forward to meeting all of you, and surviving to look back upon it, as well.
John Sage
La Vita Dolce
45 x 15
02/20/2019 to 02/25/2019
Thanks, JohnS

John, you aren't currently running the ICW around Georgetown SC are you

Have my reservation in. First time for this event. What can I expect, what should a bring, etc.? Is there an agenda?

I've been told Ted is buying the first round.... is that right?

Yes, as long as you drink beer. PBRs for Jack and micro brews for everyone else.

Ted

Have my reservation in. First time for this event. What can I expect, what should a bring, etc.? Is there an agenda?

No agenda.
It's a casual gathering of like minded people.
While we do gather at somebody's boat each evening for drinks etc., it's about having a relaxing gathering and making new friends. There are a few regional things such as the Navy Seal's Museum, Marine Liquidators boat stuff, and the farmers market. Participate as you like. A few days before, there will be a list of whose hosting which evening. There are also two good restaurants / bars at the marina with others within walking distance.

Ted

Last edited:
Wifey B: I'm amazed at a bunch of you pinpointing dates and plays for February when I bet you'll change your mind on this weekend a dozen times between now and then. :rofl:

Wifey B: I'm amazed at a bunch of you pinpointing dates and plays for February when I bet you'll change your mind on this weekend a dozen times between now and then. :rofl:

So what are you willing to wager? ;)

We locked in the dates on July 19th for 2018 and never changed. Guess we're actually running a little late this time.

Ted

Funny, you wrote pretty much the same thing last time, or did you forget. :confused:

Wifey B: Can't believe all you guys making reservations now for February. That's when you know it's a huge event. I am still figuring out July. Well, have it mostly planned, but not so much August yet.

February is likely Caribbean but who knows. That's on next year. My calendar doesn't even have next year on it yet.

Too much champagne will will cloud your memory and make you forget what you wrote. ;)

Ted

Last edited:
No. We are still on the hard as we try to pack a 2500 ft house into a 10 x 10 long term storage unit.
Packing isn't the problem, but deciding what to keep or not is.
We should be on the water in Stuart Fl next month, probably there or cruising S Fla, etc, through the winter.

We have our reservation in at Ft Pierce Marina. They said they are planning to try to group us together ? to keep the mayhem under control ?
Looking forward to this.
John

Man we wanna go sooo bad. Just not enough time off to get it done.
Oh come on now Marty! It's 855 miles / 13.5 hours doing the speed limit. Leave Thursday; spend Friday and Saturday with us; recover from the hangover driving home Sunday. You only need 2 days of vacation. Good Grief, you act like you're not in your thirties anymore! :rolleyes:

Ted

Non stop flight from Nashville to Orlando and back. Round trip airfare $106 per person. No more excuses!

Flight Summary
Departure
Feb 21, 2019

From Nashville Intl. (BNA)
To Orlando Intl. (MCO)

Best Value Best Value flight
Sun Country AirlinesSun Country Airlines
8:40am
BNA
to
11:25am
MCO
1h 45m, Nonstop

Return
Feb 24, 2019

From Orlando Intl. (MCO)
To Nashville Intl. (BNA)

Shortest Shortest flight
Sun Country AirlinesSun Country Airlines
12:15pm
MCO
to
1:10pm
BNA
1h 55m, Nonstop

Ted

So what are you willing to wager? ;)

We locked in the dates on July 19th for 2018 and never changed. Guess we're actually running a little late this time.

Ted

Wifey B: Oh, I believe you'll do it. Just find it amazing. It's sort of like watching executives who run a company try to decide where to go for lunch. Running company good but lunch decision they can't make. I can tell you my plans for October 10 but we haven't decided where we're going tomorrow yet. :D

Wifey B: Oh, I believe you'll do it. Just find it amazing. It's sort of like watching executives who run a company try to decide where to go for lunch. Running company good but lunch decision they can't make. I can tell you my plans for October 10 but we haven't decided where we're going tomorrow yet. :D

"Just find it amazing." :confused::confused: How could we agree on a date with 20 or more in attendance without planning ahead?

I suppose some folks have minions to do the planning or make no plans so that's not a problem.

The rest of us plan, attend and enjoy.

"Just find it amazing." :confused::confused: How could we agree on a date with 20 or more in attendance without planning ahead?

I suppose some folks have minions to do the planning or make no plans so that's not a problem.

The rest of us plan, attend and enjoy.

Wifey B: Amazing in a good way. I think it's great you agree. I've seen ten people try to agree on a date for a Christmas Party and just decide to forget the party. It's impressive the way you plan these ahead and says the importance you each attach to them. :D

WifeyB

Actually it really easy to decide the date. Strongarmed Don rules with a closed fist, besides we are all waiting for Ted to go to sleep so we can paint his boat. Why don’t you guys make the trip up?

WifeyB

Actually it really easy to decide the date. Strongarmed Don rules with a closed fist, besides we are all waiting for Ted to go to sleep so we can paint his boat. Why don’t you guys make the trip up?

Wifey B: We don't know where we'll be that time of year. :hide:

Actually our plan to be in the Caribbean but our plans change a lot.

Poor excuse. We can send Don to apply pressure! :)

Oh come on now Marty! It's 855 miles / 13.5 hours doing the speed limit. Leave Thursday; spend Friday and Saturday with us; recover from the hangover driving home Sunday. You only need 2 days of vacation. Good Grief, you act like you're not in your thirties anymore! :rolleyes:

Ted

I’ll pick you up on my way down in the land yacht!

Ted
Yeah you got me Ted . I always use the same lame excuse for not going anywhere. We definitely need to get out more. I could get off work more often but I just don’t for some weird reason.

I spoke to Brenda at Ft. Pierce City Marina yesterday and she informed me that those who have sent in their request for a slip will have then together (we can take over the dock). Ted is being moved to a different marina, I suggested St. Augustine might be far enough away but his glow at night will still be seen.

Irv, since many have made their own reservations, I suggest that each phone the marina to make their own. Dean's idea to hold them to send in as a batch seems to be not working. Getting this bunch together is worse than herding cats.:D

giphy.gif

Just have to find the right catnip... .

Or shock collars...

Maybe catpokes..... As RTF points out :)

Don

Are you laying the groundwork for a raise?

I agree, when you call the marina ask for Brenda (800-619-1780) as she knows about our group (I guess anyone could help) and she is getting us all on the same dock (except for Ted, of course) but I would suggest they also inform you so we can have a count. Watfa will cook for everyone but she will need a count to get groceries and booze (and sippy cups).

Looking forward to another great time.

Thanks Don.

RT. You need to show up so you can help Don herd the cats.

Scott your on our dock this year hopefully.

RT. You need to show up so you can help Don herd the cats.

Scott your on our dock this year hopefully.

Nope, on the street dock this time. I am coming to Ft Pierce for 3 months this year to properly train and recover from this cosmic event. :)

And no, Don isn't having me as cabin boy in training to take over. I am too much the shock collar type for herding cats.

Scott Don’s boy in Training is Larry with Leana to make sure he doesn’t screw up. Street dock, are you saying that Very Slow Hand has scared you off again?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom