Crew possibly wanted

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

psneeld

Guru
Vessel Name
Sold
Vessel Make
Was an Albin/PSN 40
Cruising singlehanded this year between Cape May, NJ and Ft Pierce, Fl between 20 October, arriving in FT Pierce around 15 Dec. Laying over in Wilmington, NC vicinity for about 14 days.

Debating whether to look for a hand, possibly a couple to ride along for bits and pieces.

Would be anchoring out a lot, unless the crew really wants to visit some destination.

Interest, thoughts, comments, laughs.....????? :D

The first leg from Cape May to Wilmington can easily be done single handed assuming your boat is set up for single handed anchoring. You will have to make one lock at Great Bridge single handed if you go through Coinjock or two if you go through the Dismal Swamp Canal. I have done them both single handed and they aren't hard.

So consider doing the first leg by yourself. That leg will take about ten days if you don't dawdle.

The second leg from Wilmington down to Ft Pierce is some boring cruising: SC and particularly Ga if you stay in the ICW and another pair or two of hands will help. But with help you can easily go offshore and cut the boredom and passage time dramatically.

Good luck.

David

I have done much of the trip before single-handed on this boat and others.

Single handling makes provisioning and picking daily routes easy...but it does get lonely and boring by yourself having done the trip so many times and pretty well memorized.

I have a lot of friends that may jump in, but like so many trips and crews, timing is everything, so getting firm answers is a roll of the dice.

Set your dates and be firm about them. Boat leaves on this day. Arrival is between these days. Departs next on this day. Otherwise you'll be herding cats.

Ted

We are heading south ourselves at that time by car.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom