This looks pretty useful

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ktdtx

Guru
Vessel Make
24" El Pescador
I don't have one of these yet and it might be a little less useful for holding a larger boat at the dock long term but it looks pretty slick for fender management and temporary tie ups (if your line fits thru) and dinghy use.

https://www.thedockkey.com/

Portable dock rings have been around for decades.

This one doesnt look all that more sophisticared, but hard to tell without trying it.

The other ones dont seem popular as I rarely have seen any in action....but I mat get one for the dingy to try. A lot of places I tie up kack cleats where I would kike them.

The Davis pictured is one of the several I know of.

Attachments

• 452706.jpg
    452706.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 246
I've got a similar product, don't know who made it, but never needed it... at least when I had it with me.

Some similar thing were aboard when got my boat, like a T with a ring at the end, never used them but I can see some utility.

L

I've had ones like them before. Dock staff specifically asked they not be used regularly. Boards aren't generally attached in ways that lend themselves to the kind of pressures put on cleats. But, then again, I've seen some pretty poorly secured dock cleats in my time...

That and they'd likely present an unexpected tripping hazard to pedestrians.

Now they're in a boat somewhere with all the other "gee that'd be useful" gizmos that get bought at boat shows...

I've been meaning to pull up some boards on my friends dock......

Back
Top Bottom