Hello from Midcoast Maine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady_Bacon

Hello,
My name is Carrie and my husband and I are both retired. We live in Midcoast Maine and neither of us have ever owned a boat or a yacht - sail or power. Who knows - someday? Maybe and if so, likely a motorsailor or trawler with good fuel economy. Might even become snowbirds, who knows? Until then, we both enjoy being volunteer DJ's on our local community radio.

Welcome aboard, Carrie. Are you actively looking for a trawler?

Welcome aboard! I'm pretty far West of you, but I have some contacts up that way if you run into any specific questions.

Welcome. Love your part of the world..... in summer... last week we spent in a summer house on Boothbay. Just lovely.. winter I suspect lovely also but BRRRRR.

Welcome aboard! I do love Maine. Florida in winter, Maine in summer would be great. Consider a Lobstet Yacht. They make some real nice ones up your way.

Welcome aboard TF.
Will be at Pemaquid Pt early Oct. Beautiful area

Welcome! We lived in Rockport Harbor right after we got married and kept a 30' sloop on a mooring ball near the Wooden Boatbuilding Achool. Haven't been back in ages but still one of my favorite parts of the country.

You'd be going against the prevailing sailboat culture up there but a trawler is a nice way to go. Good luck with your search and keep us posted.

Hi Ms Tom, sorry for the delayed reply! We're not actively looking for a boat at this time - likely a couple of years off...
Carrie

Actually, the winters aren't much colder than MA or CT - I think being right on Penobscot Bay allows for some weather mediation from the adjacent open water. Sure does snow, though and we both LOVE winter, spring and fall, though summer, not so much...
Carrie

Thanx HopCar! When ready to pull the trigger, we'll have a LOT of manufacturers, cabin layouts and such to consider...
Carrie

Airstream 345, thank you for your kind words... Yep, Woode Boat boatbuilding school is still there and thriving. We go down to Owls Head from Belfast a fair bit to go to the car museum and it's lovely down there but, admittedly, we kinda like working-class Belfast a bit more (and the chicken farms left YEARS ago!)...
Carrie

Welcome aboard. We go to Cushing annually and love Belfast.Dropped into the Brooklin Boatyard and got a rare view of some incredible boats being made.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom