Sat TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skipper724

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
schatzi
Vessel Make
mainship 390
I have a 2000 Mainship 390. I would like to ad a KVH Sat antenna. has anyone mounted one?

Are you asking if anyone has mounted a KVH antenna on a 390 specific or are you asking about the mounting of a KVH antenna in general? I've installed at least 8 of them (TV5 & TV1's) so far this year. Nothing really to hard about it. Just try to keep it in the clearest view of the sky as you can and out of the radar beam. The same rules apply to all types of boats.

If you cruise within Wi-Fi range why not install Google Chrome cast and stream your films and TV, way cheaper that satellites, satellite TV's becoming old hat now unless your going offshore most of the time.

I have a KVH-TV1 on a go fast fishing boat. It's weird. I can run 60 miles offshore in pitching seas, at 30 knots and never drop the signal. At our river cabin, if a redbird poots we lose service. DirectTV is the carrier.

If you cruise within Wi-Fi range why not install Google Chrome cast and stream your films and TV, way cheaper that satellites, satellite TV's becoming old hat now unless your going offshore most of the time.

How do you find unencrypted WiFi when you are traveling around? Everywhere we go you need a password.......

We use unlimited t-mobile and just binge Netflix. Last year we had the best coverage yet in Washington and BC. Just a couple years ago I would have laughed at them.

Back
Top Bottom