TF Gathering in SE Florida 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm ok with the 7th to the 10th, but we need to get this nailed down as I have an incredibly busy social calendar. :rolleyes: Btw, 3rd week in February is international flirting week. Can't think of anything more appropriate than a geezer gathering, alcohol, and an international reason to misbehave.

Ted

International Flirting Week - like Ted needs an excuse. :angel:

I agree to nail down the dates, my crew wants to go to the Miami Boat Show which means it will cost me $$$$.

OK, David. You are now on the spot. Will you definitely show if the dates are changed to the 7-10. If you don't show, we know where you live. So what is it?

Last edited:
I prefer the later weekend although I don't really know why. We just have a busy travel season and that means we have to keep on huffing and puffing. But if that what it takes to get David to show up....then we will have to do what we can to be there. Keep us posted.

Do you think you can talk Walt into coming out?

Aint gonna happen, Don! I'm having a little boating get together of my own during that time. Just 10-12 close boating friends.:dance::blush:

If the date is changed to the 7 I demand compensation for fighting all the boat show traffic coming back after our gathering. Don you will owe me 20% of your Major Domo fee. That boat traffic is a PIA.

OK, David. You are now on the spot. Will you definitely show if the dates are changed to the 7-10. If you don't show, we know where you live. So what is it?

We would make it if the dates are the 7-10, subject to the usual caveats regarding weather, dog kennel availability and whether we will be going to Longboat Key this year at all if the Red Tide and dead fish in the canal of our rental house haven't departed.

However, it seems to me that the sense of the members is that the later Feb dates are better for them this year and that some may have already made motel or slip reservations. To change the dates just for me would be anticlimactic once those of you who haven't met me, meet me. And also embarassing to me.

My opinion is to leave the 2019 dates as originally planned and hold the 2020 Gathering (if there is one due to member attrition or police action) earlier in Feb.

We would make it if the dates are the 7-10, subject to the usual caveats regarding weather, dog kennel availability and whether we will be going to Longboat Key this year at all if the Red Tide and dead fish in the canal of our rental house haven't departed.

However, it seems to me that the sense of the members is that the later Feb dates are better for them this year and that some may have already made motel or slip reservations. To change the dates just for me would be anticlimactic once those of you who haven't met me, meet me. And also embarassing to me.

My opinion is to leave the 2019 dates as originally planned and hold the 2020 Gathering (if there is one due to member attrition or police action) earlier in Feb.

OK, David, we will leave the dates the same. However, will keep in mind the earlier date for 2020. Besides, I don't want Irv to get 20% of my pay. I depend on that to live on for the rest of the year.

Those coming by boat be sure to make you reservations early. February is a very busy time at the marina.

Fort Pierce City Marina
772 464-1245

Dates for the Gathering Feb. 21-24, 2019

OK, David, we will leave the dates the same. However, will keep in mind the earlier date for 2020. Besides, I don't want Irv to get 20% of my pay. I depend on that to live on for the rest of the year.

Those coming by boat be sure to make you reservations early. February is a very busy time at the marina.

Fort Pierce City Marina
772 464-1245

Dates for the Gathering Feb. 21-24, 2019

While I haven't talked to the marina, their website now refers you to Dockwa (online reservation service). Will talk to the marina tomorrow to see if there's a way to indicate that we are with the chosen one (The Don).

Ted

Ted, I called the marina just to give them a heads up. Of course no one was available to speak with. Left word for them to call back. Little hope of that. Oh well try again tomorrow. I just wanted to give them an idea of the dates and approximately how many boats.

They wake up in a new world every day at Fort Pierce City Marina. However, when the boats come in they find room somehow.

OK guys, here's the skinny. Dean, the marina manager, called me back this am. He said the best way to handle our group is to assemble the reservations to pass them along to him via e-mail. So, it looks like you will need to post as follows:

Captain
Boat Name
Length and beam
Days you wish to reserve

I will assemble them, and pass them along to Dean. He also said this far out he can't guarantee slip locations. I told him that we will probably prefer the long floating dock at gate A.

Dean's the man at the marina. His decision is final.

OK guys, here's the skinny. Dean, the marina manager, called me back this am. He said the best way to handle our group is to assemble the reservations to pass them along to him via e-mail. So, it looks like you will need to post as follows:

Captain
Boat Name
Length and beam
Days you wish to reserve

I will assemble them, and pass them along to Dean. He also said this far out he can't guarantee slip locations. I told him that we will probably prefer the long floating dock at gate A.

Dean's the man at the marina. His decision is final.

Called mine in this morning, but here is the info so you can get your Domo fee:

Edward Green
Slow Hand
45' X 15'
02 /20 - 25 (Wednesday - Monday)

Dock Position: Just in front of Bigsfish

Ted

Hi Don

I sent the info to your aol.com email. I also cancelled Ted”s position on the dock so I won’t be embarrassed by his paint and the glow at night won’t keep me awake.

Thanks

Hi Don

I sent the info to your aol.com email. I also cancelled Ted”s position on the dock so I won’t be embarrassed by his paint and the glow at night won’t keep me awake.

Thanks

Yeah, thanks a lot. We were counting on you as having a boat big enough to block some of the glare for the rest of us!:ermm:

Larry

I would need one of Jack’s (Steve’s) vessels to block that much glow. :lol:

Hi Don

Thanks

Irv, I already talked to Dean about getting Ted's old slip back. You know the one back in the corner and down in the hole where the glow will not bother anyone.:facepalm::D

108 posts already for next year. Nothing like planning ahead. Lena and I are planning on being there for the month. You have to rest up.

Don: You may want to add Hobo to your roster so we all end up together. I’d hate to be with Ted in the cheap seats.

Don

Perfect news on the placement of Ted’s Very Slow Hand. We all thank you, your my hero.

Larry. Watfa is counting on Lena to help share drinking the wine (sippy cups again this year) and food prep. I’m sworn to secrecy about what she has planned this year.

:ermm: Hmm! Not feeling the love. Oh well, it's not what you know, it's who you know. See you on A dock in February. :D

Ted

I suggest we all chip in to bribe the dockmaster to move Ted to Scott’s usual dock and move Scott to our dock. Not to be mean but my boat looks pretty good next to Scott’s.

You know Irv, my other friends lie to me and say my boat looks nice. :D

Lying ba**tards..... :rofl:

Scott it does look nice but none of ours can hold a Candle to Ted”s which gets new paint every six months and wax every month.

Hang in there Skippy, I like your boat leaks and all.

I'm with Scott. I think gloss is grossly overrated. There's a certain nautical charm and comfort in chalky white.

I consider my boat to be a good looker at 20 paces. Up close, she's got a lot of "character" and very mark tells a story.

I think of her as Comfortably Imperfect...which will be the name of my next boat, if needed.

Man we wanna go sooo bad. Just not enough time off to get it done.

I'm with Scott. I think gloss is grossly overrated. There's a certain nautical charm and comfort in chalky white.

I consider my boat to be a good looker at 20 paces. Up close, she's got a lot of "character" and very mark tells a story.

I think of her as Comfortably Imperfect...which will be the name of my next boat, if needed.
You want chalky . Check out the big ass numbers bleeding through from when Wiilam was a troller. Chalky rules .

Attachments

• 18749BB8-D930-4B6A-950B-B09B3DD82AB6.jpg
    18749BB8-D930-4B6A-950B-B09B3DD82AB6.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 45
PM. Don can give you a note for more time off, then just peg those throttles. Come on down.

Have my reservation in. First time for this event. What can I expect, what should a bring, etc.? Is there an agenda?

I've been told Ted is buying the first round.... is that right?

Have my reservation in. First time for this event. What can I expect, what should a bring, etc.? Is there an agenda?

I've been told Ted is buying the first round.... is that right?

Bring your appetite when Irvs wife,Watfa cooks.....
Alcohol of your choice! We accept Bud OR PBR! And good pair of sunglasses if you go near Teds boat.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom