TF Gathering in SE Florida 2019

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
When are you planning your next Rendezvous in the Middle East? skyking and I will certainly be there... and probably the only ones [emoji846]

When are you planning your next Rendezvous in the Middle East? skyking and I will certainly be there... and probably the only ones [emoji846]

If you're not allowed to consume alcohol in public and women can't show skin, what would be the point?

Ted

Yeah, but the 50% chance of getting shot at while sailing here would make it all worth it!

OK, so the wizard gave me bad dates. We will use your calendar. Arrive on Thursday Feb 21st and depart Sunday Feb. 24th.

Now, for some serious business. The seminars I had worked so hard to put together last year were poorly attended. You guys are forcing me to require mandatory attendance. You won't want to miss Howard's "All About TP seminar".

OK, so the wizard gave me bad dates. We will use your calendar. Arrive on Thursday Feb 21st and depart Sunday Feb. 24th.

Now, for some serious business. The seminars I had worked so hard to put together last year were poorly attended. You guys are forcing me to require mandatory attendance. You won't want to miss Howard's "All About TP seminar".

Your seminar was clearly a success. Don was presenting on the art of distraction while stealing other cruisers' women. This is accomplished as Don demonstrated, by putting beer and pizza on the back deck to distract the males, while he corralled the women into his saloon.

tmp_15938-20180222_2043178621151943235004086.jpg

Ted

One question, is the seminar mandatory if it has been attended in the past?

Scott, even you don’t meet all three requirements.

Ted, great photo and Don is enjoying being molested!

Great times ahead and Watfa is planning the big dinner.

Those attending my TP seminar will receive a 25% discount on my recently patented boat shoe lock. Quantities are limited so please arrive early; cash sales only.

Still the boat shoes? I suggest we all chip in twenty five cents and buy Howard a used pair of boat shoes.

Those attending my TP seminar will receive a 25% discount on my recently patented boat shoe lock. Quantities are limited so please arrive early; cash sales only.
I hear Oliver will be attending; something about dock walking for new boat shoes.

Ted

And so the reasoning of Scott rises to the apex of truth. Drunks, fools and idiots be warned!

Is that a new prize category if you meet all 3 of those qualifications? :)

Ya! Then you get a Moonstruck shirt! They're going like hot cakes! :D (Sorry, Lou, it's all about the company you keep.)

Attachments

• Moonstruck1.jpg
    Moonstruck1.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Moonstruck2.jpg
    Moonstruck2.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Al

My understanding is those shirts are now a collectors item and are selling at high prices at auction. In California they must really go at a premium.

BTW are you going to bless us with your presence this year?

I sure hope to make it but I'm dealing with other more pressing family health issues now that may influence my decision later. I'll keep you all advised.

Drinking too much Flor de Cana is no excuse! Hope you can make it.

I sure hope to make it but I'm dealing with other more pressing family health issues now that may influence my decision later. I'll keep you all advised.

That is truly distressing news, Al. We hope and pray that it works out well.

Al, you have to come! Lou needs a male model extraordinaire to compliment her on the runway showing off the Moonstruck latest fashions...

ALERT to those planning to attend.

Does anyone have a problem with the dates of Thurs. Feb 21 to Sunday Feb 24? If you do, speak now before the dates are set in stone.

Don, it works for us, actually any date works for us. We are looking forward to it, has anyone heard from Homo? Larry and Leana have to attend, it’s a must.

Irv, the last I heard from Larry and Lena they were headed for a couple of months in Vermont. As far as I know they are planning to attend.

I'll give the folks a couple of days to reply to the ALERT. Then notify the dockmaster to prepare for about 8 boats coming in. It is up to the individual captains to make their own reservations with the marina. Feb is the high season for the marina, so look for it to be crowded.

Last edited:
Morning Don

First thanks for doing this thankless job once again, we all appreciate your service.

Sounds like Larry and Lena left Homo in Florida and went north in their land yacht, Glad they are coming as it wouldn’t be the same without your sidekick.

I thought the floating dock worked out great last year and plan to request that again this year. Ted and I are planing on extending those dates on each end however I will request a few slips away from Very Slow Hand and its showroom paint to avoid embarrassment. Ted is probably scared of the red tide on the west coast. Glad I’m on the east coast.

Thanks again from all of us. Watfa sends hugs and kisses.

Does anyone have a problem with the dates of Thurs. Feb 21 to Sunday Feb 24? If you do, speak now before the dates are set in stone.

Wish "The Gathering" (Wasn't there a horror movie by that name?) were a week earlier so the Admiral and I could attend before we have to leave FL for the frozen NE. Oh well, I'll experience it vicariously via TF postings.

dwatt. The weekend before is the Miami Boat Show. Why not leave after the “gathering “, no harm will come to you by the participants (maybe).

dwatt. The weekend before is the Miami Boat Show. Why not leave after the “gathering “, no harm will come to you by the participants (maybe).

Not afraid of the participants. Lease is up. The two of us, plus 90lb Lab, have to hit the road. Wife wants home soonest to ski. Have tried for two years in a row to get her to stay til end of Feb w/o success.

If you would like I can have a talk with her. I’ve been known to be quite persuasive. :)

Ft. Pierce City Marina

RT. You need to show up, finally.

David, you present a quandary. I would so like to see you again, and meet your wife. The only alternative would be to move it back two weekends to before the Miami Boat Show. I guess we can throw this out to the Captains to see who has a problem with it.

I sure hope Al and Meg can make it, also. I think he needs a new pink cap.:hide:

Do you think you can talk Walt into coming out?

Irv, no thanks needed for the job. I just do because the pay is good. I guess I'll have to split with Ted this year.

Back
Top Bottom