View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 01:30 PM   #9
AZ2Loop

City: Carefree, AZ and Ft. Myers Beach, FL
Vessel Name: Sea-N-Stars
Vessel Model: 1990 49' Albin
We are searching for our first trawler and I don't think the box anchor will have any use on a larger boat. However, we also have a smaller lake boat (25' South Bay tritoon) and the box anchor is without question the best anchor I have ever used. We have used it for 10 years now.

I was very skeptical..... I mean it just does not look like an anchor, right? I grew up as a boater and THAT (pointing to the box anchor) is not an anchor. I was curious, but not enough to buy one. I found one in a boat we bought to resell and I pulled it out and kept it to try it. Our other anchors have never been wet since. The box anchor is far superior. It is not even a contest.

I don't even set it. I gently drop it overboard, shut off the engine, and we are done. We cove out all day on our South Bay and the box anchor has literally never dragged anchor.

There is probably no application on the large trawlers that dominate this site. However, for those of you that also have a smaller, lake boat that you may enjoy, I cannot recommend the box anchor strongly enough. If I lost mine today I would have another one ordered tomorrow. Despite it's looks, they have built a better mousetrap.
AZ2Loop is offline   Reply With Quote