View Single Post
Old 12-18-2011, 09:55 AM   #4
JD
Guru

City: New Bern NC
Vessel Name: Stella Di Mare
Vessel Model: Mainship 34t
Trick Davit Dinghy System

Walt, That dink is a nine footer but I set it up to take a 10.5 or 11.* I'm going to get a bigger dink this spring.* You can set it up to take most any size but once you get too big weight becomes a factor.* Not so much on the brackets or the platform but in getting it up by yourself.*(I'm as bad as you)

Elwin,* The first time it takes laying down on the platform and I think the front one is always going to be a bit of a pain in that manor but the back one is done without any strain as well as the side one that I have hooked to the handle on the side of the dink.*In fact if you look at the picture that shows the side strap you will notice it*has a long tail.* That makes for an easy adjustment by first snug the strap by hand then taking the tail in your right hand*and*dropping a loop toward the platform.* Put your left foot in the loop and push down while holding firm with the right hand.* This tightens the strap as hard as you may like.* They are a bit of a work in progress right now but I'm sure they will be easy once I have them set as to where I want them.

-- Edited by JD on Sunday 18th of December 2011 11:56:42 AM
JD is offline   Reply With Quote