View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 03:17 PM   #12
LeoKa
Guru

City: Vancouver
Vessel Name: Ironsides
Vessel Model: 54' Bruce Roberts steel sailboat hull, coastal LRC, 220HP CAT 3306.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BandB View Post
Wifey B:
Perhaps it would help for one to define "reasonable". What prices are you looking for or hoping for or what prices are you considering "unreasonable?"
Reasonable is a relative term. To some a 1500-2000/mo fee is acceptable, to me the promotional 600/mo is high. I would pay 2-300/mo happily for my 50+ boat somewhere, with 1-2 hours commute, but it does not exist.
The only place I know is the Eagle Harbor open water mooring, but it requires dinghy commute to shore. In a nasty weather condition, or when emergency repairs are needed; it could be very challenging. Solar system and watermaker is almost a requirement there. They have a one-time only application process, so it is not easy to coordinate the process, even if I'd decided to go there. The 200+/mo price is very attractive, though.
All the others are the same price. Port Orchard, Bremerton, Bainbridge, La Conner, Port Townsend, would charge you $8+/foot/mo. Sometimes have promotions, but it is rare.
Anything closer to Seattle starts at $12/foot and goes up to $18-20/foot. For my boat that means 800-2000/mo mooring fee. Even if I could afford it, I would not pay that much.
South Seattle's Duwamish Yacht Club is priced very reasonably, but there is a big problem there. The bottom is too muddy and it is filling up rapidly. The Club will not renew the lease with the city, because they don't have money to clean the waters. Everybody is trying to sell the slips, but nobody is buying them. So, the prices are low. Perhaps it could work for someone for short term.
LeoKa is online now   Reply With Quote