Music favs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is a shameless but good EW&F cover, by CDB, Sydney based harmony/R&B quartet, recorded at "The Basement" jazz venue Sydney in 2008. CDB was said to be "the ethic version of Human Nature", a harmony quartet who have performed often in USA, especially LA. Unlike this track, most of CDB`s work is original,they formed in the 1990s and got together again recently.

Good job, Bruce. Upbeat, but in a smooth way. I liked it very much.

Steve Winwood , Eric Clapton live “I can’t find my way home “. Sorry can’t get it to load .

Last edited:
Steve Winwood , Eric Clapton live “I can’t find my way home “. Sorry can’t get it to load .

Marty, try this fresh link. Too good of a concert to miss. Hope this works.

Here's one from the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame with a multitude of talented people. Prince shows off his artistry with the guitar by doing an amazing solo part.

Greetings,
A slight change of era with a musical saw (comes in @ 1:00). Tune I remember from a previous life...

Slightly different arrrrangement with worrrds...

Last edited:
It's good to have you back, Steve.

This is one from one of the best voices to come out of the 70s. Who can forget the lyrics at the start of this number? OK, here's a hint for you, "You'll never find . . .".

Here's a little bonus thrown in.

Sitting here with gin and tonic in hand, waiting for the verdict on our transmission—which may affect our plans for the rest of the year—I’m feeling a little nihilistic. So, here’s another rowdy power trio from the 70s that got a lot of air play back in the day. I do think Joe gets some amazing tone out of that Les Paul.

Ian, good luck with the transmission.

Do you think Joe will run for president again in 2020?:D

Let's reach all the way back to the 50s for another real singer who was taken from us at an early age. So grab your sweetie and hold her close. This one is a slow dance.

Here's a group whose careers spanned decades, The Temptations.

Last edited:
This is a little ragtime especially for RTF.

Great memories, Don. Those soul singers were amazing.

RT, that was a treat. I’d never heard a live version of “Can’t You See” as true to the recording.

Being Canadian by birth, I thought I’d post a couple featuring some compdres.

Wow Don, Lou Rawls and 10cc in one post! Great but very different performers.
I think I posted Lou Rawls "Pure Imagination" already but as he is mentioned, here it is (maybe)again. I think he first visited Australia on a billing with Nancy Wilson, she returned many times but I think is no longer travelling to perform.

Let's go back to the late 50s and early 60s with Percy Sledge. There were some good "necking" times listening to Percy on the AM radio or 45 rpm record.

This artist needs not introduction.

AC/DC - Baby Please Don`t Go.

This one is mostly for Angus, for the guitar work, but I think anyone who likes guitar will like it. Tried to source this track for a while, today, heard the end of it and it was back announced. Nailed it. Old classic with the AC/DC touch. And that guitar work,especially the riff at the end, is great.

That was great, Bruce. I’d never heard AC/DC do old blues standards before but they nailed it. When I saw the title, I confused it with lyrics from 10 Years After’s electrifying performance of I’m Going Home at Woodstock. Still one of the great over-the-top, frenetic, stoned, live performances in rock.

(Side note: back in the day, my brother and I were planning to go to Woodstock. Our parents got wind of it and offered us $100 each if we didn’t go—an exorbitant amount in those days. Like fools, we took the money. Went to Florida instead and got in more trouble than if we’d gone to the festival.)

For those who’ve never heard this, there’s a long middle portion which may or may not be appealing. The guitar pyrotechnics pick up again at 8:30 on the vid.

I doubt English band Shakatak (aka Shark Attack here) has crossed the Atlantic. This is a long live version of their "Nightbirds". Traveling across northern France last year, walking around (maybe)Lille at night, we came across buskers playing it full on with amps. Knew I knew the song,couldn`t name it, came to me later. Good guitar and rhythm, one of their signature songs.

Last edited:
Shakatak. YES. Why have we not heard of them. What a great band. Just what I needed. Thanks, Bruce.:thumb::thumb:

Let's go back to the artist that started out this thread. Here's a very young Boz Scaggs and JoJo.

This gets a lot of votes for best live performance in rock history. I heard they didn’t have time to do a sound check and just went for it. The crowd scenes are spectacular and if you watch the band’s reaction at the end of the second song, they literally jump back from the roar of the crowd. I don’t know if anyone’s ever owned an audience like this.

This gets a lot of votes for best live performance in rock history. I heard they didn’t have time to do a sound check and just went for it. The crowd scenes are spectacular and if you watch the band’s reaction at the end of the second song, they literally jump back from the roar of the crowd. I don’t know if anyone’s ever owned an audience like this.

The video shows as blocked in Australia by Believe Music, on copyright grounds. Wonder if it`s just here.
Similar problem with a clip of Tommy Emmanuel and CDB I uploaded yesterday. Recorded on the Daryl Sommers "Hey Hey It`s Saturday" TV program, dear Darryl had embargoed it in Australia, I deleted the post.

Sorry about that, Bruce. There are several other links to this if you Google Queen Live Aid.

37421713_10156303768045953_2319005529197772800_n.jpg

Like it, RTF. Another fine band that flew under my radar.

Here’s another group from the late 70s/80s that I posted before—this time with John Farnham on lead. Absolutely some the greatest harmonies in pop music, IMHO.

Ian, I have always liked the Little River Band.

I may have mentioned Chris Jones and the Night Drivers before. Chris Jones reminds me of George Strait with his clear voice and straight ahead style. So, we are returning to Blue Grass.

Cardude has started a thread about Kenny Chesney's new album. Check out his thread. Yes, Kenny Chesney is a super star, but he doesn't take it for granted as this number shows.

Plus a little more of Kenny.

Last edited:
Here's a catchy tune from the 70s I like. I can remember it being played at most of the parties. Besides, I kinda like Dancing in the Moonlight.

Here's one I heard for the first time this morning. I think most all boaters can relate to this one. The Trinity River Band and The Things We Do for
Dreams.

Heard this one on the 70s Channel today

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom