Modded Anchors

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Jim,
Trip lines are not too troublesome in shallow water. Ever used one?
I have a mod in mind to reduce the diving tendency. A feature Navy anchors have. Just a bigger dia. stock rod would help IMO. Just a thought.

Update;
Put the experimental anchors on the stern several days ago and tied them down.

Been using the old 13lb Dan as the working anchor. It actually failed though. In Pender Harbour. Not much space. Many boats. Most all around us were on chain. That’s when I wish I had chain. Planned on a hard set and a shy 3-1 scope. But the hard set didn’t hook up. Pulled Danny up and there was a big clam/Hockle or whatever w some “salad” between the flukes. Read about it happening on TF but it never happened to me .. until now. Removed the clam/ect and and swung somewhat close to a big Nordhavn .. haha I wasn’t worried bur can’t speak for him. Entertained the boats around me for quite a time.

Thinking of swithching the XYZ to the working anchor position. Working experiment?

Just sounds like another example of anchors sometimes not setting due to circumstances... no matter how well they've worked over time.

I'd blame the clam, not the anchor.

:)

-Chris

Chris,
Worked fine in Pender Harbour after I removed the clam/ect.
Last night in Browns Bay I decided to use my XYZ. Haven’t for a long time. First set was a no-set. First for this anchor. May have turned turtle. HaHa .. Perhaps I should put a roll bar on it. Do plan on installing many holes in the fluke soon. Second set was really solid though .. as usual for this anchor. 38’ deep and 150’ of rode.
Tonight we’re at Friday Hbr relaxing. Went up to the office to check in and get a slip. Couldn’t do it. They said I needed to go back to the boat and call in. On the radio. Chris wanted to stay so we did.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom