For dhays

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

porman

Guru
Vessel Name
Beach Music II
Vessel Make
2003 Mainship 430 Trawler
Dave. Just in case your boat is homesick, I took this picture on the way by this morning. Tim

Attachments

• rock3.jpg
    rock3.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 164
Dave. Just in case your boat is homesick, I took this picture on the way by this morning. Tim

Thanks Tim. My boat is homesick at times.

I like this angle of the better though...

Attachments

• dreamweaver_aground4.jpg
    dreamweaver_aground4.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 158
I like this angle of the better though...
But the weather in porman's photo is sooo much nicer if you're going to hang out waiting for a tide change. ;)

But the weather in porman's photo is sooo much nicer if you're going to hang out waiting for a tide change. ;)

Yeah, but no air conditioning. Too hot right now in the PNW without the hull in the water to cool the boat down.

Old thread link please.

I don’t know if there was a thread dedicated to it.

The prior owner of my boat found that rock at speed at high tide. He had only owned the boat for a couple months and I think was new to boating in general.

Being a relatively dramatic event, and during the summer boating season, there were lots of photos taken of the boat while it waited for the tide to come in again so it could be taken off the rocks.

The boat was towed to a yard and hauled. There was some minor fiberglass work to repair the bottom but fortunately the running gear wasn’t touched. The boat was able to balance there on the rock for about 12 hours.

While the PO didn’t tell me about the grounding, North Pacific Yachts owner, Trevor Brice, told me about it before I bought the boat. The PO had called Trevor after it happened and Trevor inspected the boat after the grounding while it was hauled.

I don’t know if there was a thread dedicated to it.

The prior owner of my boat found that rock at speed at high tide. He had only owned the boat for a couple months and I think was new to boating in general.

Being a relatively dramatic event, and during the summer boating season, there were lots of photos taken of the boat while it waited for the tide to come in again so it could be taken off the rocks.

The boat was towed to a yard and hauled. There was some minor fiberglass work to repair the bottom but fortunately the running gear wasn’t touched. The boat was able to balance there on the rock for about 12 hours.

While the PO didn’t tell me about the grounding, North Pacific Yachts owner, Trevor Brice, told me about it before I bought the boat. The PO had called Trevor after it happened and Trevor inspected the boat after the grounding while it was hauled.

Wow, thanks for sharing! At least you know she can handle some serious abuse but I'm sure you never, ever wanna do your own experiment on her. LOL

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for sharing! At least you know she can handle some serious abuse but I'm sure you never, ever wanna do your own experiment on her. LOL

You’ve got that right. So far, I’ve yet to touch bottom with this boat. Around here, often the bottom is sharp and very hard.
IMG_0099.JPG

Love the pictures.

Attachments

• DreamWeaver8-22-10_030_2_341194738_std.jpg
    DreamWeaver8-22-10_030_2_341194738_std.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 61
You’ve got that right. So far, I’ve yet to touch bottom with this boat. Around here, often the bottom is sharp and very hard.
View attachment 79594

That's a pretty epic demonstration of how tough that hull is. Also, the folks in the picture are a lot more brave than I am standing under her like that!

Back
Top Bottom